• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Aftermarket Steering Wheel change

I recently swap out my OEM steering wheel and ditched the airbag. I love my new setup with my black suede 320mm steering wheel with a NRG Quick Release hub. It makes the NSX much more responsive and more control. Kinda like a very fast go cart. Anyways, I am having a problem with finding the wires I need on the harness to make my Horn Botton work and I also have this wire with a fuse that is used to turn off my SRS light. Does anyone have a diagram that shows this? Thank you...

for the srs light. jump pin 4-pin 6 on the srs yellow plug. I forgot what pin is for the horn. I have the same setup as you. I think I just ran pin one to the nrg adapter, and stuck enough wires in order to clear the turning radius of the steering wheel.

Look through the www.nsxbuilder.com website. There's a diagram on there that's a huge help. When I installed my new wheel/hub I could not get the SRS light to stay off. Silly me, I was jumping the harness backwards! So make sure you're jumping the right pins.

Also, Daliracing.com has downloadable info on this subject. I recently had the pleasure of doing this myself. His diagrams show that you can drill a hole in the back of the hub and attach your ground that way. The stock horn connector off the SRS reel is unused. You jump pin 1 and 3 on the SRS 3 pin connector to turn off the SRS warning light. On the four pin connector you attach a wire to pin 3(from left to right) for power to your horn and ground out the other wire from your horn button to the inside of the hub. I used a 3mm bolt and drilled in only a little way. The info on the Dali site is under: Information/Library/Articles/Install your Dali parts. Good luck, not much fun!

Tim,

If you have the Splash hub it has both the jumper for the horn and the jumper with the resister/fuse for the air bag light.

The larger one with the 4 pin plug and the female plug coming off one of them is for the horn ground. Jump the two pins with the gap in the center with the black wire (one with out the resister/fuse)

On the smaller 3 wire plug, jump the 2 other ones with the fuse/resister plug. That will disable the SRS light.

I have seen people do it worth and w/o the resister. I recommend using the fuse/resister as it is safer to provide some resistance so the SRS unit “see’s” something and not damage anything if you ever decide to convert back.

If you are not using a Splash or any other type of J-Style hub then you can do the same but under the dash just be careful when wiring it up.

Hope that helps

Will

Back