• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Aftermarket Third Brake Light for NSX's that have GT Rear Wings

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Ever since installing my Voltec Carbon Fiber rear wing. I’ve been concerned with the loss of rear visibility by following cars due to the absence of a third brake light. However, I discovered an online Mustang Aftermarket Car Parts dealer, that sells a 15.5 inch long LED third brake light intended to be mounted high on the rear window of certain model year Mustangs, and the light appeared to be able to fit on the engine bay glass canopy of an NSX. I received the light kit today and I temporarily mounted the brake light on the inside of my glass canopy and it fits well, and looks great when the brakes are applied. I’ll post pics of the install later in the week. Following is the link to the third brake light that I bought for $49 plus tax and shipping.[/FONT]

https://www.americanmuscle.com/highmount-3rd-brakelight-9909.html

Started off with the triangle style.

es7m6a.jpg

2m07rd.jpg

Then I switched to something more square.

2wobt53.jpg

23mosd2.jpg

I received the light kit today and I temporarily mounted the brake light on the inside of my glass canopy and it fits well, and looks great when the brakes are applied. I’ll post pics of the install later in the week.
https://www.americanmuscle.com/highmount-3rd-brakelight-9909.html

Thanks for posting Mario. Please do post pictures and let us know any further thoughts. This position is much more effective, in my view, than the low-mounted lights.

....Please do post pictures.....
With the car so low (compared to the sea of SUV's, at least in my area), it would be interesting to see your high mounted light idea.

pingu81 said:
...Then I switched to something more square...

Nice choice on the square. I think it fits better.

nice find, over here if we want to run a bigger wing with no brake light in the wing like the OEM options we still have to have a high stop light that following traffic can see otherwise we will get ticketed so that could work for me

Back