• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Aftermartket alarm location?

Whats a good aftermarket alarm location thats not too difficult to install nor too easy to find and disable?

Those two statements don't go hand in hand. Best practice is to go to a pain-in-the-ass location, thus making it harder to disarm.

You want layers upon layers of security!

I think a good place for the brain is under the passenger side of the dash, behind the glovebox; plenty of room to work when the glove box is out and hard to access once everything is reinstalled.

+1 on Honcho.

but I have thought about making the wire harness for the alarm like 20 feet long and mount the brain in a location that no-one would find.

Lo-Joke is in the same spot in everycar they ever install it in.

So I removed their location and put it in my new location.

so if i need to have them repair it for any reason I am gonna laugh when they cant find it. then I will say I relocated it to a new location cuz you guys install it in the same spot on every car. they probably will tell me since i moved its now not covered under warranty just my luck huh LOL

Back