• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Airbus A380 flightdeck panorama

Interesting flight deck setup. See those "humps" just inboard of the seats on the center pedestal? They have a track ball and a mouse click button to control some functions on the forward screens...

*shuckra blu! French airplane & no ashtray! :eek:

Click HERE.
*Cool panorama view

6429sig_red_sm.jpg

Sky:smile:

test-center.jpg

Amazing...I can't imagine having to memorize what all those gauges/buttons/switches/levers are for. :eek:

How do you take such a poto?

You stand in the middle and take a picture while you spin around. :biggrin: J/K

Actually, you take a few pictures and there is software that allows you to transform them into a rotating panorama. Real estate agents do the same thing for their listings.

Maybe it has no ashtrays, but sure has a lot of beverage holders!
Seems the designers learned from the first model NSX.
So I guess it's OK to drink and fly then? Boozin' and cruisin' at 35,000 ft! :biggrin:

I wonder if the pilots learn to fly left and right handed in the training course.

What are those handles for, next to the windows? An emergency brake like in the Hot Shots movie?

Roger

I wonder if the pilots learn to fly left and right handed in the training course.

Correct. *When you upgrade to Captain, you learn left handed.

What are those handles for, next to the windows? An emergency brake like in the Hot Shots movie?
Roger

Actually, they are handles to open the side window. From there you can make an emergency egress if you survive a crash. If you look at the side overhead,(small door with red label) there are escape inertia rope/cables.

So I guess it's OK to drink and fly then? Boozin' and cruisin' at 35,000 ft! :biggrin:

Roger

roger,roger...
yathink they would just brs [a la cirrus ] the a380, rather than a big long rope
to get out and onto the ground....:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :biggrin:
escapepm1.jpg

tongue firmly planted in cheek,flamesuit on...

very nice linky, skyguy!!!

Now THAT'S more like it!!!
cup holders 5 of them.jpg

Where's the iPod connection?:confused:

Back up camera?

Attachments

• cockpit.jpg
    cockpit.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 59
roger,roger...
yathink they would just brs [a la cirrus ] the a380, rather than a big long rope
to get out and onto the ground....:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :biggrin:
escapepm1.jpg

tongue firmly planted in cheek,flamesuit on...

very nice linky, skyguy!!!

we also have these ropes on our KC-130's, and when getting refresher training they always tell us not to grab the end of the rope and jump. The rope has plenty of slack, but I guess somebody in the past jumped off holding the end of the rope. :biggrin: There's a saying that every Warning and Caution you read is written in blood for a reason.

Anyone know how much runway one of these bastards needs to land? God forbid they come to my airport. Watch the FAA come out with a Heavy-Plus weight class.

For $300 million you'd think they could give the pilots leather seats.

Anyone know how much runway one of these bastards needs to land? God forbid they come to my airport. Watch the FAA come out with a Heavy-Plus weight class.
Interim procedures, from FAA notice N JO 7110.464:
The A380 is in the “Heavy” aircraft weight category. However, wake vortices generated by the A380 are more substantial than those of other aircraft in the Heavy wake turbulence category, thus requiring special designation (“Super”) and additional wake turbulence separation during certain segments of flight. The A380 may therefore identify itself as [call sign] “Super” in radio communications with air traffic control.

Wow, that is awesome! one day I aspire to pilot one of the great jumbo jets of the sky.

Whats that purple HUD / shield thing in the left side window?

Still a brilliant thing to see.
On another note,
it'll SUCK for the ramp agents, luggage transfers,
and cleaning crew to work on that thing.
I should also mention the de-icing crew he he he.

WoW!! After the treadmill, the oh sh!t button, i-pod connection, recaro seats, and reverse camera, how about an easy button to make it all work??

Back