• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Airless Sprayer

Has anyone try this on their NSX panels, bumper, etc, & how did the finish turned out?
Or is it even recommended?

Last edited:
Come on....anyone????
There's gotta be someone here that has experimented & try to paint their car with this airless sprayer...Lets hear it..

Henz

I wouldn't recommend this as a scapegoat unless you are seriously good at rubbing out splatter type paint/clear (sagging,runs). This is also a very good way to waste materials. Although Urethane/Water based automotive paints do not require a lot of pressure which airless systems can provide, you also have to keep in mind why this isn't mainstream. Why fix what's not broken unless it is perfected with proven results. Sata Jet and Iwata guns have been my choice of guns to shoot and atomize while spraying really well to whatever I have thrown at them. I am unsure if these airless systems can provide the same results. Sounds like a glorified WAGNER!!! I get this quite a bit on alternatives down here where I live and till I see results like a pro does, I'd save my pennies and reduce labor charges instead of going a cheap route.

My 1 cent

-G-

^^^ Gil, recommendation noted....
I was just wondering why no one has use it but looks like u may be right about why...
However, the Graco TrueCoat Pro does look promising even though i have not found anyone using it as an automotive sprayer/painter. BTW, wasting money on car related stuff is nothing new here...:biggrin:
With that said, i like to experiment & change colors up from time to time so i may just get that plasti dip kit from Dipyourcar.com & see what happens. It may not be the best looking finish compare to traditional paints but i like the fact u can just peel away & change to another color...

I've used them on my race bodywork for my bikes for years, always painted my own equipment and it turned out well. Not a 'professional' quality, but most of it got covered in decals or got smashed up each year until I obtained a sponsor and then the paint was provided. However, painting metals or aluminum is different then carbon fiber pieces. I used my enclosed trailer, lined it with plastic and it made a nice paint room.........not sure I'd do it again as lengthy process when you aren't set up for it and my only suggestion if you are going to attempt this is to purchase the best equipment and paint products ( I used Dupont car paint).........have fun

Back