• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

akira3d's GT4 Photo Mode pictures!!!!

Okay, this was bound to happen...I've become a virtual shutter bug. I discovered today that my Dazzle 6-in-1 USB1.1 reader with my 1GB IBM MicroDrive in the CF slot just happens to work with GT4's Photo Mode.

Here's my attempt to recreate my track experience from NSXPO 2003 (I purchased a used all red '97 NSX Type S for the photo shoot...had to swap the rims for the stock 7 spoke to better simulate my NSX, but couldn't figure out how to remove the front plate!)

Attachments

• NSX at Infineon Start - 800.jpg
    NSX at Infineon Start - 800.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 1,551
  • NSX on Infineon carousel - 800.jpg
    NSX on Infineon carousel - 800.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 1,523
  • NSX on Infineon esses - 800.jpg
    NSX on Infineon esses - 800.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 1,591
  • NSX on Infineon back straight - 800.jpg
    NSX on Infineon back straight - 800.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 1,626
  • NSX at Infineon Finish 800.jpg
    NSX at Infineon Finish 800.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 1,521
Last edited:
Oh...and the effects you can get from changing the aperature, shutter speed, color, and white balance are quite dramatic...here's the last shot from the above post, but treated with different settings (and one shot that I originally took with a 2004 NSX and stored on my memory card before I discovered I could transferring it to the Microdrive)

Attachments

• NSX in Infineon Drama - 800.jpg
    NSX in Infineon Drama - 800.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 1,494
  • NSX in Infineon Drama - sepia tone - 800.jpg
    NSX in Infineon Drama - sepia tone - 800.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 1,481
  • Just nuts.jpg
    Just nuts.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 1,475
I hate you so much right now! I want to play GT4 soooooo bad! I am contemplating getting a japanese ps2 and gt4 just for this game. O and btw nice pics :biggrin:

vtecNSX1 said:
I hate you so much right now! I want to play GT4 soooooo bad! I am contemplating getting a japanese ps2 and gt4 just for this game. O and btw nice pics :biggrin:

Pft, what should i say, i got no PS2 :tongue:

Hehe, at least we arent the only country with problems like that, i went a weekend to london to visit my sister and as I went in a small store to buy some cigarettes the shop man said to a lady (obviously american tourist) "im sorry you cant pay with US dollars here" and the lady replied "why? i had no problems paying with us dollars in other 3rd world countries". The guy looked like hes going to bite her head off :)

Enough offtopic, i dont want to wake up trollpatrol, hes mean :(

Ontopic: Looks nice indeed, i want that game too, hopefully they will release it on PC too?

Troll said:
Hehe, at least we arent the only country with problems like that, i went a weekend to london to visit my sister and as I went in a small store to buy some cigarettes the shop man said to a lady (obviously american tourist) "im sorry you cant pay with US dollars here" and the lady replied "why? i had no problems paying with us dollars in other 3rd world countries". The guy looked like hes going to bite her head off :)

You can't even pay with Euro's, go figure. I forgot the place we stopped on our way back home from Iraq, I still had Euro's that I got in Germany. I tried to pay with euro only to have the cashier tell me they dont accept it. You'd think they would have joined the EU by now. I'm sure there's gotta be a reason for it though.

I got the Chinese version of GT4. This morning I bought the Takata 03 GT NSX and put in $80K worth of stage 4 turbo and some more for stage 4 engine tuning for 921BHP. Talk about fast.

For fast money I race in the extreme event in the second rally race and won the Toyota RSC rally car and sold it for a quarter of a million and you can repeat the same race for the same price and then sell it.

There is a MC Laren car under BMW and Diablo under Cizeta and you can't buy them.

AHHHHHH!!!! SONY!!!! USA NEEDS THE GT4 RIGHT NOW!!!!
please... :smile:

I'm in Japan right now and just got back from the Tokyo Autosalon.

They had a game from Konami called "Enthusia". Gan Sang(sp?) of Best Motoring fame helped test the dynamics of the game.

The sense of speed and feel of the game seemed to be better than Gran Turismo. They blur the edge of the screen and change the "focus" of the screen as you accelerate to give a better sense of speed. I actually felt like I was hauling ass as I picked up speed.

-J

JChoice said:
The sense of speed and feel of the game seemed to be better than Gran Turismo. They blur the edge of the screen and change the "focus" of the screen as you accelerate to give a better sense of speed. I actually felt like I was hauling ass as I picked up speed.-J

Wow...sounds like they must have completely revisited Euthusia since I last played it at E3 2004. The vehicle dynamics felt very GT4-ish when I last played it, but, at that time, it completely lacked a good sense of speed.

Have you tried GT4? There are many tracks where you feel a serious sense of speed.

Of course, Burnout 3 still holds the crown for fastest racer...

I've played GT4 but I haven't played both of them enough to make a real comparison. I don't ever remember having feeling a real "sense of speed" playing GT4 though.

Here are some of my latest Photo Mode shots...of the Honda HSC!

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 701
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 688
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 695
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 690
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 689
I took the HSC out for a "Photo Drive" around Hong Kong

Attachments

• 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 677
  • 07.jpg
    07.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 672
  • 08.jpg
    08.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 675
  • 09.jpg
    09.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 655
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 672
damn, this game looks hot.... grrr.... when's the release date in the US?

The HSC definitely doesn't feel like the NSX, but I really need to do some more testing (I haven't really driven the HSC on tracks that I've raced the NSX on...and I had just finished racing a series with the '02 NSX-R when I earned the HSC).

BTW, here's a link to the full-res photos in my GT 4 "Photo Mode" ImageStation album

Which racing series?

akira3d said:
The HSC definitely doesn't feel like the NSX, but I really need to do some more testing (I haven't really driven the HSC on tracks that I've raced the NSX on...and I had just finished racing a series with the '02 NSX-R when I earned the HSC).

BTW, here's a link to the full-res photos in my GT 4 "Photo Mode" ImageStation album

Jin1976 said:
Which racing series?

Honda Type R Meeting. I thought I could polish of the series with a heavily modified ITR, but found that I couldn't beat the NSX-Rs in two of the races.

Got the HSC. IMHO the NSX handles better especially while cornering. The HSC feels much understeer. Styling wise looks a bit plain to me (NSX looks better and muscular).

Trying to get Cizetta (the most gorgeous car in the game)

For what it's worth, the car you need in GT4 to really obliterate the opposition is the 1989 Mercedes Sauber C9. The McLaren F1 GTR doesn't even come close, at least in the game.

For the fanatics out there, I'd strongly suggest paying close and regular attention to the two used car markets. There are 4 cars in there that will make an appearance simultaneously (2 in the A market and the other 2 in the B market) when you're about 45% through the game that you seriously need to buy, and they're going to cost you a lot of money. I'm not going to spoil it for you and tell you which cars they are, but they'll come in black, and only in black. If you manage to win these cars by entering the various competitions, they'll come with the proper racing livery. But they're much cooler in black.

My 2 cents' worth.

Cheers.

Back