• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Alarm/security, please help!!!

This is for my 91 with 65k miles on it. According to the previous owner, I don't think the car comes with alarm and the keyless remote. I don't see any aftermarket alarm etc. But it comes with both gold/metal key and the black plastic/metal key. I have been using both keys randomly.

What I have been doing is either lock the door from outside with the key or lock the door from inside while it's open. For unlocking, I just use the key, and it will unlock fine.

Lately, the car has been weirded that I can lock the car the way as usual, but when I unlock it, the alarm screams and horn light blar. So I have to use my key to lock the door from outside again and unlock it will be fine. However, I can't reproduce this when the car is in the garage, like unlock/lock/unlock/lock a couple times, no alarm scream......

Two days ago, the battery drained due to long period of sitting, went to costco, picked up a new one and installed it fine. Locked the car from inside while it's open, closed the door and went sleep. This morning, I use the black key to open the door, alarm goes on, screams and horn light blar blar blar. I tried to lock the door from outside and unlock it, doesn't work, the car blar nonstop, so I ran to grab the gold/metal key, lock it and the alarm went off, and unlock it, seems quiet, then I went out.

Tried to do prime wiki search, nothing show up, therefore my questions are:
1. How do the security works in NSX, did I do something wrong? or if I turn the key too much when unlocking?
2. How do I check if I have alarm on this car?
3. What do you guys suggest to prevent the alarm goes on when unlocking the car next time?
4. Or, may it's too cold outside that my NSX just want to stay inside? and he got piss when I wake it up?

The alarm going off when the door is unlocked is common. There is a sensor in the door that goes bad. See thread:

http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Reference/tsb/93-007.htm

It seems to be a very invloved DIY, did you fix yours? Or if disconnect the hood connector will diable the alarm all over?
I read someone said turn the key firmly, I feel like this could be a problem and the problem seems to be more obvious during colder weather.

I attempted to fix mine by following the DIY but was unsuccessful. The previous owner of my car had just disconnected the horn, so that IF the alarm did go off, at least the horn wasnt screaming at you, but this is a bad idea for many reasons. I have since plugged my horn back in, and am just prepared every time I unlock my doors that my alarm MIGHT go off..

Back