• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ALB and TCS light question.

Hi

My car has been garaged for a few months now during the winter. I took the car for spin as soon as the weather allowed me. As soon as I started the car and start to drive the ALB and TCS light pop up. I have never had any problems with this before and I thought it was strange that they both poped up at the same time. Is there anything I can do to try to fix this. I have checked the fuses and they look fine and I have restarted the ECU but still the light pop up.

Any suggestions what I can do :confused:

This happened on my '92 a couple of years ago. In my case a wheel sensor went bad. Both systems use input from the wheel sensors. Check the specific code to determine which wheel.

Hi

My car has been garaged for a few months now during the winter. I took the car for spin as soon as the weather allowed me. As soon as I started the car and start to drive the ALB and TCS light pop up. I have never had any problems with this before and I thought it was strange that they both poped up at the same time. Is there anything I can do to try to fix this. I have checked the fuses and they look fine and I have restarted the ECU but still the light pop up.

Any suggestions what I can do :confused:

Ironically mine did the same thing. I need to check my codes to see.

This happened on my '92 a couple of years ago. In my case a wheel sensor went bad. Both systems use input from the wheel sensors. Check the specific code to determine which wheel.

I have checked the failure code from the ECU, and it showes:

Check engine light: 3 long blinks and 6 short blinks

ALB: 4 short blinks

TCS: 4 long blinks and 4 short blinks.

Can anyone tell me what the failure is ?

Forget about the 36 CEL, it is meaningless

You need a Right Rear Wheel Speed Sensor - 57470-SL0-020

HTH,
LarryB

I will try to get me codes tonight.

Do I just need a basic OBDII reader?

Hi Alex!!!

I hope all is well with you. You can use an ODBII scanner, or you can just jumper the blue test connector. The blue connector(passenger side-right side of the footwell, just under the glove box) is in all years NSX's, even if you have an ODBII car. Read the blinks as mentioned above:).

Regards,
LarryB

Hi Alex!!!

I hope all is well with you. You can use an ODBII scanner, or you can just jumper the blue test connector. The blue connector(passenger side-right side of the footwell, just under the glove box) is in all years NSX's, even if you have an ODBII car. Read the blinks as mentioned above:).

Regards,
LarryB

Thank you Larry.

Your expertise is greatly appreciated!

I will PM you the results

I have similar problems except only my TCS light turns on. Would the problem be my speed sensor (part no. 78420-SLO-505) instead of the ABS sensor? (Acura 1991)

I have similar problems except only my TCS light turns on. Would the problem be my speed sensor (part no. 78420-SLO-505) instead of the ABS sensor? (Acura 1991)

If it is not the "EXACT" problem, it may not be the "EXACT" solution:).

Get the codes....

Regards,
LarryB

Back