• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

All profiling complaints against LAPD dismissed

I came across a police instructional manual on profiling and of course I just HAD to check it out.

It didn't say to profile certain races or ethnicities. It said to profile based on if things matched up or not - i.e. if you see a person with a heavy metal hairdo driving around in a vehicle with country-western radio station stickers, be suspicious. I remember that one example well because I thought it was funny, but there were other ones I don't recall exactly - things like young teens driving around in a big expensive luxury car, stuff like that.

It also said to profile based on what people are doing when you (the cop) are around: if someone is not looking at you and acting all nonchalant like they're not interested, be suspicious. Normal people who aren't doing anything wrong would be acting nosy and staring at the police interested in what's going on.

After reading the last paragraph, am I to understand their cruisers do not have in car videos yet?:confused: I thought that was mandatory everywhere now.

After reading the last paragraph, am I to understand their cruisers do not have in car videos yet?:confused: I thought that was mandatory everywhere now.

I think it varies from city to city still. I've been profiled by OC Sherif and pulled over, didnt notice a camera on his dash...unless its nicely concealed. (Didnt get a ticket, just got the whole 20 questions about whos car, how long, yadda yadda, wasted 15 mins of my time)

Back