• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ALMS Mid-Ohio 2008

Hi Ray,

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=30827

"The largest event on the schedule – the Acura Sports Car Challenge and The Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio presented by Westfield Insurance – is set for July 18-20 and will highlight the American Le Mans and IndyCar Series. This jam-packed weekend will also include support races from SCCA Pro Racing’s SPEED World Challenge presented by Trenton Forging and the Indy Pro Series, as it aims to be the largest motorsports event in the state of Ohio for the second year running."

Gotta check my schedule as we get closer to July, but I would love to attend this time, since I missed last year.

-Bill

Re: ALMS Detroit GP

Any folks doing the Detroit GP (ALMS + Indy) over Labor Day weekend ? The Belle Isle location looks pretty scenic.

So far it looks like only Vette and Porsche have car corrals etc. Any chance that Acura can get us some play ?

Any folks doing the Detroit GP (ALMS + Indy) over Labor Day weekend ? The Belle Isle location looks pretty scenic.

So far it looks like only Vette and Porsche have car corrals etc. Any chance that Acura can get us, some play ?

Acura is hosting the NSXCA at Sebring, Lime Rock, Mid-Ohio, Road Atlanta and Laguna Seca only.

This is great news guys. Thank you. My nephew is coming up next week on his spring break to hang out for a few days. He will be thrilled to know we can go back to the race. I just picked up a 89 SI Hatch that I am going to clean up for him when he gets his drivers license in 2 years. Should be a fun project.... the wife is not happy about it but....:biggrin:

My wife and I have been Flaggers (turn marshalls) for many years, and will once again be working both the Mid-O and Detroit GP ALMS/IRL weekends.
No chance to bring the NSX though, but we'll still be there :cool:

Brian

Back