• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ALMS - The Plan

ALMS - The Plan - UPDATED!

We will meet for Breakfast BOTH Saturday AND Sunday at 7AM. This is where you will get your tickets! We plan on leaving the restaurant for the track at 8:30 AM for stragglers.

Fifth Wheel Truck Stop
2475 South Service Rd, Bowmanville, ON, CA

Map here:

Saturday Only- Meet Larry Hayes from IMSA at 11:40 at NSX Corral to receive credentials to allow parade lap participation. IF YOU ARE PARKING IN THE CORRAL BUT NOT PARTICIPATING IN THE PARADE LAP, PLEASE EITHER PARK IN A LOCATION THAT YOU ARE POSITIVE WILL NOT ENCOUMBER THOSE LEAVING THE CORRAL FOR THE LAP, OR BE AT THE CORRAL TO MOVE YOUR CAR FOR OTHERS TO LEAVE.
- Parade lap at 12:10

Race schedule here

**UPDATE: Larry from IMSA has set-up a Presentation for us at the IMSA Tech Trailer on Sunday @ 1:00PM. It will last about 20 minutes.

Also, Richard Jacobs of Honda Canada will drop by on Sunday morning to say hello to everyone. Seeing as Honda Canada was a principal sponsor for us at this event, PLEASE DO NOT FORGET TO THANK RICHARD. Honda Canada supported us in a VERY LARGE way this weekend; we wouldnt have been able to do this (as we did) without them.

Things to bring...
- Camera
- FRS Radio
- Chairs
- Water
-Cooler (not a bottle of Fancy Nancy Stu)
-Sun screen etc
-Snacks

Last edited:
Who's up for a convoy to breakfast?

Im thinking that we can meet in the East end near the 401 (Starbucks at Kennedy a good spot?) and drive to the restaurant together.

Who is interested? We want to be at the restaurant at 7, so we need to leave that location no later than 6:30.

I'll leave 6:00 from here and either see you there or pass you on the highway. Starbucks in the Kennedy Mall right?

Don't forget hearing protection!

I have some earplugs - since I'll only be there on Sunday, email me (not pm) or call me to arrange to get some from me if you feel the need.

Anyone knows a a coin-op car wash in Bowmanville?
:confused:

Anyone knows a a coin-op car wash in Bowmanville?
:confused:

Absolutely!

There's one just behind the Sunoco (west of it) at Waverley just north off the 401 (turn left when you're at the lights where you see the Sunoco on the North West corner - Shell on South East corner. You'll see there's a doughnut shop in the extreme South West corner of the Suncoco Lot. pass that driveway and turn North at the next driveway (right) and you're there)

But why bother, there's a rail-less/touch-less at the Shell Station!:biggrin:

After 4 hours of driving I normally have enough dead bugs to overcome any touchless, so I usually just go at by hand. We'll see..if the bugs are not too bad this time I'd rather go the lazy route.

Shell station touchless is close by I assume?

I'll be there for breakfast! I think I have to leave Hamilton at 5am but it should be a great day, I've always wanted to attend this event. See you guys there!

Glad your coming out this year Lucas! Should be a great event ... make sure you drop by the Corvette Corral as well, and say Hi!

Will you be brining some of the exotic cruise CD's with you? I still need to buy one from you!

Mark

Well I managed to get a flat tire on the way to work today :frown: The right rear, nice long drywall screw or something, I didn't think I was going to make it for tomorrow. Called my buddy at a tire shop he managed to squeeze me in on my lunch hour and get a patch on it, so I'm still good for tomorrow! :smile:

-Richie

Derik........if you see this - check your PM's and call me

Hahaha, NSX packed and ready to go!

Who says the car can't haul stuff. I have to return some borrowed camping gear to my sister in Whitby when I'm in town so:
1 6 man tent
2 bedrolls
2 sleeping bags
2 folding chairs
1 cooler
1 overnight bag

See you tomorrow bitches!
:cool:

Hahaha, NSX packed and ready to go!

Who says the car can't haul stuff. I have to return some borrowed camping gear to my sister in Whitby when I'm in town so:
1 6 man tent
2 bedrolls
2 sleeping bags
2 folding chairs
1 cooler
1 overnight bag

See you tomorrow bitches!
:cool:

Are you kidding me!!!!! I can't even fit a 6 pack in my trunk!!!!!!

BUMP to reflect the bolded update first post.

Omar, if you didnt have to cart around 400lbs of ice to keep your car running, you too could carry stuff in your trunk. Stu is able to put his Tootoo in there without crumpling the ruffles.

Whoever is planning on being at the Starbucks on Sunday AM, please post here.

Ive got another stop before breakfast so Im probably NOT going to go to the Starbucks.

Tamar and I will drive out and meet you at the track. John - check your PM's

Planing on the 5th wheel for 7(ish)

Not sure where I'm going to crash (I mean sleep) for the night yet.
Will just look for something in the area.

See-ya-in-da-mornin

BRAD- come for 715/30 instead.

Shawna and John are meeting us at the fifth wheel at 730. I will be there slightly earlier, but hopefully not at 7am :eek:

Back