• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Alpine Deck Installed

Finally got the Alpine head unit installed (a little spot of primer on the top right chipped off after installing it however I plan on painting it black soon so no big deal) Special thanks to D'Ecosse for all the effort he put into fabricating the console. I think it came out great!

nsxalpineon.jpg

nsxalpineoff.jpg

how do you like the new glide touch control decks? I was thinking of trying them out but haven't pulled the trigger yet. Is it easy to use?

lose the orange plastic on the climate control and clock and let it show blue/white. it will look better with the colors on your deck. nice fitment!

Yea, I need to change the colors of the A/C and clock. The glide touch took some getting used to (and still is a little), but so far I like it. I found that the Alpine head unit has enough power to run the speakers without the need of an amp. The speakers Im using are Focal 130CA's I believe.

Dracon said:
...I found that the Alpine head unit has enough power to run the speakers without the need of an amp. The speakers Im using are Focal 130CA's I believe.
I would expect that at "lower" listening volumes it will be fine on those speakers, but would still expect if you try to drive them harder, you will get some serious distortion. Even though "only" 5-1/4" co-ax's (I say that with greatest respect because many generically assume co-ax's to be cheap, ineffective - not necessarily the case! This is a very good product!) they're still rated at 50W nominal, 100W max.
What are you doing to drive your sub? If you have to go to an external amp for that (& you will) then why not just go with a 4 channel at that point & drive both the components & the sub? I think you'll be much more satisfied with the results.

Dracon said:
I will need an amp to drive the sub so getting a 4 channel is definitely something for me to consider.

Another option would be to get a 2 channel that supports tri-amp mode. I bought a 2 channel RF amp that currently only powers my Zetoolman sub, but once I install some replacement door speakers, it will power those as well.

-Josh

Back