• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Alpine head units

Has anyone tried one of these Alpine head units : CDA-9827 or CDA-9835 ?? One of the threads showed the 9835, but no word on the sound quality. Does it sound much better than the stock head unit ??
There's been some complaints on the ergonomics of Alpine units, but I guess that's a matter of personal preference.

Cheers .. Gus

You cannot go wrong with Alpine heads - they all have excellent response and imaging.
I would recommend you spend the extra money on the 9835 for the 5 band paramteric EQ and time alignment features (unless you plan to add an external processor).

I have a Alpine 9835 on its way in the mail,I bought it brand new on Ebay for 362.00 delivered...It retails for 545.00 plus tax...I have seen the unit and it works great....Brent

Good choice! Im picking one up myself in a few days.

FYI: Alpine does not warranty items bought from any unauthorized online dealers. So if its not Crutchfield, you're screwed if the unit breaks.

How's the interface on 9835 ?? Pretty straightforward ??
I saw those on e-bay .. and also on this site. Quite low compared to MSRP .. but .. no warranties, I guess ...

Gus

Who cares about a warranty at 362.00 vs 600.00 w/tax? thats almost disposable for todays electronics, besides who ever has had a problem with a Alpine headunit? I have had 3 (paid retail for all 3) and never had any problems....It was my first ebay purchase and it was pretty cool.

I have had good experience with HookedOnTronics
They are excellent to deal with & have great customer service, very fast shipping. Current price there for 9835 is $398 - not quite as cheap as you mention, but I think you can have good peace of mind with them.

That is a great deal too. Without the headache of bidding on e-bay. It was kinda fun waiting till the last minute and placeing the highest bid..Never pay MSRP if you can!!! Brent

I got a great deal on an Alpine dealer here in Houston today. I got the 9827 for my daily driver (Still can't get myself to change the 'stock' look in the NSX) and ended up about $190 after tax (Even lower than e-bay if shipping is taken into account) with warranty. My friend there sold it with a 'friend and family' purchase price. Put it in tonight, looks and sounds great!
Thanks for the input on the Alpine head units!!

Brent, after you install the 9835, do you mind taking picture of what it looks like in the NSX ??

Cheers .. Gus

I will post pictures soon..Can't decide on rear camera with monitor molded into dash or maybe small moniter built into rearview mirror. Hope my 9835 arrives soon..later Brent :D

The Alpine 9835 is a great unit...I just picked up my car from JT Audio in Anaheim, CA...the same guy that did the Super Street 04 give away car...Im very satisfied with the unit and the quality of work and the pricing...Try giving him a call (714) 817-8282 http://www.jtaudioacc.com/

willabeest said:
does the unit fit in withour modification of the stock dash? :confused:
No - no after-market head unit will fit in that aperture of the OEM console. You can either have your OEM console modified ('glassed, plastic welded) or buy a replacement console from Science of Speed & custom cut the aperture to match whatever head you purchase.

willabeest said:
does the unit fit in withour modification of the stock dash? :confused:

No it doesnt fit without modification to the console..whatever aftermarket radio you change to you will need to either need to fabricate your stock piece like mine is or you can purchase the center console replacement for radios from Science of Speed...

Here's how mine came out, dont mind the cut out on top of the radio..its cut out for a HKS V-Pro unit.

Attachments

• Alpine NSX2.jpg
    Alpine NSX2.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 482
YUMNA2 said:
KR inspire

do you work for mike harvey acura on 101?

Sorry you must have me confused with someone else... i work for SP ENGINEERING www.sp-power.com

Back