• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Alpine MP3 changer

What is the benefit of owning this changer?The stock changer already plays burned CD's.

Joe

------------------
97 NSX-T
93 Supra TT T-61
97 Viper GTS w/Corsa

Originally posted by nsxbadboy:
What is the benefit of owning this changer?The stock changer already plays burned CD's.

Joe

Ummm...... It plays MP3s

[This message has been edited by nsxxtreme (edited 25 May 2002).]

Originally posted by frisbee54:
At the risk of sounding stupid what is an mp3 I'm not much of an audiophile I even think the stock nsx stereo sounds great.Doug
You can find that info here or here or here or here . I hope thats enough info for you. You basically are compressing your music files. Instead of 12 songs on one CD, you can fit 110 or more in mp3 format on the same cd.

Originally posted by nsxxtreme:

Ummm...... It plays MP3s

Why dont you explain to me how it does this then. Does it have some docking port that links up to your PC? I read up on one and it didnt mention this. It sounds to me like it just plays CD's with MP3's burned to it.Big deal.Most CD burners convert to a wave file anyway.

Joe

------------------
97 NSX-T
93 Supra TT T-61
97 Viper GTS w/Corsa

[This message has been edited by nsxbadboy (edited 25 May 2002).]

Why dont you explain to me how it does this then. Does it have some docking port that links up to your PC? I read up on one and it didnt mention this. It sounds to me like it just plays CD's with MP3's burned to it.Big deal.Most CD burners convert to a wave file anyway.

Joe

Can you fit 110 of those coverted songs on one cd?
It is your cd burning software that coverts the file not the cd burner. When you select that you want to make a audio cd, the software knows it needs to convert the file.So when you burn a cd you burn a data cd not a music cd.

You leave the MP3 in the MP3 format. The changer plays the MP3s, it has a MP3 decoder built into the changer. So with this set up you can have over 700 songs in your NSX without having to change a cd. 110 song*6 disks = 660 songs. you can get way over this it just depends on the sampling qaulity you choose when you convert your songs to MP3. These cd's will not be playable in a normal cd player.

[This message has been edited by nsxxtreme (edited 26 May 2002).]

Why dont you explain to me how it does this then. Does it have some docking port that links up to your PC?

It's able to read CD-R discs containing mp3 files (typically over 100 tunes) as well as the usual audio CDs (typically 12-15 tunes at most). Contrast that to the stock CD changer, which can only play audio CDs.

------------------
Russ
'91 black/black

Too late to get in on this group buy? If this will easily replace the POS stacker I have, Im down.

Jeff

I'm interested as well. If you're going to do a second batch of 5, put me on the list.

Or do you get a bigger discount if you wait for 10 people?
smile.gif

Contact Russ with questions on the group buy. I have asked him to help arrange things since I am in college and have finals coming soon.

Originally posted by Sketch:
I'm interested as well. If you're going to do a second batch of 5, put me on the list.

Or do you get a bigger discount if you wait for 10 people?
smile.gif

We're waiting for the go-ahead for the first five units. The list is well into the third batch of five!

------------------
Russ
'91 black/black

I am still doing some research but I may be interested on getting in here as well. When are you going to order?
Is the price lower now that there is more units being ordered.

[This message has been edited by steveny (edited 28 May 2002).]

hi, I am interested in the changer, but one question, does the nsx oem in dash cd changer controler capable to display the text?? such as the song title and artist? In another way, is it CD text ready?? thanks!!!!

The NSX stock radio is not able to display CD text. The changer is capable of it though.

I am currently working with the original store and possibly one other. It seems that this has been a popular upgrade. I think some other acura owners have read this page as well. The store is currently out of the Pheriphal adapter, they have everything else in stock. I am trying to pin them down to a delivery date. If not I am going to try a different store for this particular adapter. I will let all of you know as soon as I hear something.

If you are paying by Paypal please have confirmed mailing addresses. I am doing this as a benefit for the NSX community and not for profit, so I can't afford to ship to unconfirmed mailing addresses. Thank you for the understanding.

(confirmed) means to use the same shipping address as the billing address on your credit card. I don't care if your verified.

[This message has been edited by nsxxtreme (edited 29 May 2002).]

Nsxxtreme,

Thanks for organizing this! Is it still going on? Please drop me an e-mail if so.

Also, how is the new unit wired/secured, just plug an play with adapters in the trunk for those of us with factory changers or is driling required?

Thanks in advance,

Mark
[email protected]
(proud new owner of a white '94)

[This message has been edited by Markbert (edited 29 May 2002).]

Originally posted by Markbert:
Nsxxtreme,

Thanks for organizing this! Is it still going on? Please drop me an e-mail if so.

Also, how is the new unit wired/secured, just plug an play with adapters in the trunk for those of us with factory changers or is driling required?

Yes, you are still able to get in on the group buy, contact Russ. I will be posting a do it youself soon I promise. There is drilling, but only on the brackets supplied by Alpine. Other than this it is just plug and play.

If anyone doesn't want to wait for others for the group buy price. I can still get them for $300.00 which includes both adapters. This price does not include shipping. I can get them fairly easily at this price. If you want to do this contact me directly at [email protected]

biggrin.gif
I want to thank Russ for all the help he has helped me with in organizing this group buy.
biggrin.gif

I hope all of you enjoy these MP3 players.

I received my Alpine changer safe and sound with everything included. Thanks nsxxtreme and everyone who is helping with the GP! I haven't had a chance to install it yet. It looks simple enough, but is the FAQ ready yet? Better safe than sorry...I could just see silly me accidentally drilling a hole through the side of my trunk.

Thanks,
Jeff

I received mine too.

<font=red>A <u>BIG</u> thanks to nsxxtreme for helping us all move into the late 90's (at least as far as our mobile music concerns go)!</font>

Also, thanks to Russ for coordinating.

I am in the process of having my entire system upgraded, so the changer has not yet been installed, but I anxiously look forward to the day.
biggrin.gif

------------------
[email protected]

Back