• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Already started on mods for my Porsche

My Porsche looked like a monster truck so I've gone and added H&R Springs and RSS Spacers (7mm front, 15mm rears).

Before:

ResizeofIMG_8705.jpg

After:

IMG_8740.jpg

IMG_8742.jpg

IMG_8743.jpg

I love it. I've always wanted a 911 and while I was debating selling my NSX friends had a few 911's so I thought "why not".

In terms of performance it feels alot faster than both NSX's I had. I don't know what it is but the handling impresses me and I feel confident taking corners. The sound from the rear is unique as it reminds me of VW's. I was thinking of getting a personalized plate when I return to Canada saying "1QWKBUG"...lol.

I miss the uniqueness of the NSX though...

this has to be a new form of blasphemy- a 911-owner moderator on prime, lol.
nice car.
edit: you like the handling better than the nsx? i had exactly the opposite experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love it. I've always wanted a 911 and while I was debating selling my NSX friends had a few 911's so I thought "why not".

In terms of performance it feels alot faster than both NSX's I had. I don't know what it is but the handling impresses me and I feel confident taking corners. The sound from the rear is unique as it reminds me of VW's. I was thinking of getting a personalized plate when I return to Canada saying "1QWKBUG"...lol.

I miss the uniqueness of the NSX though...

Yeah, I've always wondered what it would be like to own a Porsche. Everyone says that you need to own at least one 911 in your lifetime if you're into cars. Just doesn't make sense for me right now, since I'm not ready to dump the NSX yet. Can I ask why you didn't get the Carrera S or 4S?

Congrats! Thats my next car...I just cant see selling the NSX for it.

Hows the spacing inside the car. Im 6'2'' 230lbs and fit great in the NSX. :cool:

Very nice! I would just warn you that just putting on springs alone tends to have a negative affect on the car's handling. This is very well documented on the forums. (6speedonline or rennlist)

It's really only noticable when taking high speed corners, as the car will start to wallow from front to back. It is a very unsettling feeling. I put on H&R's on my 996 and 996TT, and both had similar results. I ended up putting on coilovers, which cured the wallowing.

The Carrera and the NSX are both great cars... you should definitely try both. An exhaust should be next... For the Carrera, there will not be any performance increase, but it will sound great. I loved my Fabspeed!

Let me start by saying there are two cars that I'll always have in my garage:

1. NSX
2. Porsche 911

Both cars have been compared to death on Prime, Rennlist, and 6speed. The 911 and NSX to me are very very similar in terms of handling, performance, and viceral sound (rear and mid engined). I know SIMSGS who had his NSX written off by an Acura dealer went into a 997 and loves it. It speaks volumes to the owners of both...similar tastes and I believe it has to do with how both feel so similar.

The 911 is modern; simply put. The NSX is a timeless design but does have its quirks..02 sensors etc. I'll be buying another once we return to Canada for weekend fun.

A moderator who owns a 911 would show impartiality wouldn't it...:wink::smile:

Why didn't I get a S or 4S? I kinda regret not having bought a 4S as I plan to winter drive the 911 so I'll drive this car for a while and potentially upgrade to the 4S. The S isn't worth the additional price in my mind as you are adding what 20hp for more $...to me isn't worth it. We'll see...I bought this one as it was a killer deal (let's just say I bought it for less than a 95/96 NSX with 30k miles).

Its my first 911 and maybe I'll keep it, get a 4S, and then another NSX.

You need some tint on those windows!

I like the look of the 997 turbo myself, but that is big $$

Looks good Cam!

I don't know but I have never been attracted to the new 911's since they changed from the 993. That's just me though. Stacy went from a very built NSX to a 996 and has never looked back, so has others. There's definitely a connection between these cars and their owners (much like the M3, which a lot of NSXers have as well).

One P-car I really like is the new Boxster Spyder:
0911_06_z+2011_porsche_boxster_spyder+profile.jpg

I've always wanted one of these:
19779301.jpg

I also like the new 997 Sport Classic, but it's a lot of $$ for no performance gain. I'm just into retro cars :)
PORSCHE911SportClassic-medium-4152_7.jpg

...now that I think about it, I would LOVE a Boxster Spyder with the Sport Classic's "Fuchs" wheels. :cool::cool::cool:

I love that Porsche Sport Classic...the old style Fuchs wheels and spoiler are pretty cool touches (currently the aftermarket are looking to make both).

Stacy went from a NSX to 997 cab not 996.:wink:

I also like the new 997 Sport Classic, but it's a lot of $$ for no performance gain. I'm just into retro cars :)
PORSCHE911SportClassic-medium-4152_7.jpg

:

The Sport Classic wheels are stunning. Unfortunately so is the price tag and as of now, Porsche is only manufacturing them to fit Turbo or 4 model cars. The rears won't fit a narrow body 997 or any of the 987 model cars.

The Sport Classic wheels are stunning. Unfortunately so is the price tag and as of now, Porsche is only manufacturing them to fit Turbo or 4 model cars. The rears won't fit a narrow body 997 or any of the 987 model cars.

It would be relatively simple to buy the wheels, cut the barrels, and then reweld them together. There are quite a few shops that can do something like that.

Personally, I think the Boxster Spyder is the perfect car for me. Moderate power, drop-top, looks great, lightweight, and focused without being too extreme. Wonder what the used prices will be like in two or three years?

It would be relatively simple to buy the wheels, cut the barrels, and then reweld them together. There are quite a few shops that can do something like that.

I actually did the exact opposite when I sold my narrow body 996 and bought a wide body turbo. I loved the forged wheels I had.

So I just had the barrels of my rear wheels swapped out to make them 25mm wider. They came out perfect fitting flush to the fender.

The car looks great.

I drove a 911 Turbo... now I want one! First car I have driven that made my vette feel slow... well besides a Z06.

Dahapa - I've seen your posts on 6speed and yes it appears those Sport Classic Wheels are only widebody and super expensive from Porsche.

Cozmo - I'm unsure on tint...maybe. Its something I'm pondering at the moment...

Cozmo - I'm unsure on tint...maybe. Its something I'm pondering at the moment...

I personally don't like the look of tinted windows on 911s but I just had all the windows tinted on my car using a new (to me at least) product from Formula 1 (LLUMAR) called AirBlue. It has all the heat/UV/glare rejections properties of a medium to dark ceramic tint without the darkness.

I wanted to protect the expensive full leather red leather interior in my car and I love it. It's already making a huge difference in the cabin temp's.

Let me start by saying there are two cars that I'll always have in my garage:

1. NSX
2. Porsche 911

You are a smart man Cameron. And I agree you should have gotten a 4S since you plan to move back Kaanaduh.

Btw, when r u moving back.

You are a smart man Cameron. And I agree you should have gotten a 4S since you plan to move back Kaanaduh.

Btw, when r u moving back.

Yeah the 4S is on my mind...

We were moving back home to "Kanaduh" in December but I landed a great role with a company in Abu Dhabi. The goal is still there to return to Canada.

DaHapa - I'm considering a similar film sold here in Dubai. Now that I know someone who has done it I'll explore it more. The sun here kills car interiors like you wouldn't believe.

Synth - How's the Imola? I miss mine...

I've always wanted one of these:
19779301.jpg

Who wouldn't want a RUF? There is one for sale in Grand Rapids, MI. Although "Please Call for Price" is code for "If you have to ask..."

I've always been partial to these P-cars though...
porsche-9591.jpg

I will agree with everyone else though, while I think OPs car looked fine from the factory, the lowered body and wider wheel stance REALLY looks good!

Its quite beautiful, the stance looks perfect.

May I suggest a set of clear side markers like these, clear side markers on a silver car will take it to next level, I want a set for my car so bad, but no one makes it:

http://www.amazon.com/Carrera-Clear-Side-Marker-Light/dp/B00159RASK

Hehe...yup I think my new born daughter may have bought these for my upcoming fathers day! :wink:

Thanks for the props everyone...I'm trying to keep the car relatively plain but nice.

Last edited:
Its quite beautiful, the stance looks perfect.

May I suggest a set of clear side markers like these, clear side markers on a silver car will take it to next level, I want a set for my car so bad, but no one makes it:

http://www.amazon.com/Carrera-Clear-Side-Marker-Light/dp/B00159RASK

Hehe...yup I think my new born daughter may have bought these for my upcoming fathers day! :wink:

Thanks for the props everyone...I'm trying to keep the car relatively plain but nice.

+1....JMHO, but I think those clear side marker lights will look most excellent! Just a subtle mod, but one that will look great!

Back