• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Alternative fuel NSX

I Was Wondering If Anyone Has Done The Alternative Fuel Propane Or Otherwise Known As The LPG Conversion For Automotive Cars, To Get Them Selves Out Of The Smoging Laws. From What I Heard You Can Do The Conversion Take It To A State Referee And Have Him Approve It, And You No Longer Have To Smog Your Car. Can Anyone Shed Some Light On This Matter I Would Love To Convert My Car To Propane For Smoging, And Then Lightly Boost It With The LoveFab Turbo Kit And Not Have To Worry About Taking It Out Every 2 Years To Smog.:smile:

i was considering it as well but for a different reason- to get 'blue plates' and an unlimited use of HOV lanes :)

Last edited by a moderator:
convert your nsx to Propane? Why? so you dont have to smog check it every 2 years? its such a hassle to have it smogged?? so lets convert it to propane? I dont get it? yea convert a civic to propane cool and Earth Friendly I can understand that but an exotic? you own a Beast and you dont keep a beast alive with a few french fries every month do you? you need to FEED it, LOL

Yeah I never saw anybody do that before. My father used to capitalize every single letter. I never understood why lol

It's called OCD, LOL .... but yeah, i have seen THIS KIND OF BEHAVIOR or maybepeoplethatwritestuffwithoutevenaspace but a Person That Writes Like This, Yeah, have never seen either, nice!

Oscar

convert your nsx to Propane? Why? so you dont have to smog check it every 2 years? its such a hassle to have it smogged?? so lets convert it to propane? I dont get it? yea convert a civic to propane cool and Earth Friendly I can understand that but an exotic? you own a Beast and you dont keep a beast alive with a few french fries every month do you? you need to FEED it, LOL

The Point Is So I Don't Have To Smog Anymore, Convert To Propane And Then Back To Gasoline And Boost It, But You'll Have The Plates Or What Not's So You Don't Have To Unbolt Your Turbo Every 2 Years Just To Smog.

Actually propane has (much) more octanes (somewhere around 105-110) and with a proper remap can make more hp especially on boosted cars...not the job for everyone, though.

I have seen it done with a CNG or LPG conversion in a NSX,
I would strongly advise not to do it your just asking for trouble certainly with adding boost your head gaskets will blow and your are going to damage the engine in the long run.

Secondly performance is just rubbish from gas powered cars. and your adding weight with those huge tanks.

Back