• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Alternative to 90674-SL0-003 wire push clips for seat cover replacement

During the recent replacement of the seat covers, I ended up having to take the seat back cushions off the seat so that a manufacturing issue with the leather seat cover could be fixed. While I'd cut the old seat covers up so that I could get access to the underside of the push clips to pinch them in order to get them off the seats in tact, I wasn't able to cut up the new covers and ended up destroying some of the clips that are wrapped around the horizontal center section cushion wires.

I tried ordering the replacement parts however they were backordered indefinitely from American Honda. The guys at leatherseats.com sent over a video showing someone drilling a second hole in the seat frame and using a cable tie looped through the wire and both holes however it looked pretty inaccessible.

A quick search on EBay and I found a good replacement from clipsandfasteners.com in Anaheim, CA. They are called Push Mount Cable Ties and the part number is A20380. They sell them in bags of 25 on Ebay for less than $10 (about the same price as 3 of the OEM 90674 clips!).

All you need to do when replacing the old clips is to make sure that you orientate the new clip the right way by ensuring that the cable tie loop is on the correct side of the seat cushion wire. This ensures it will align properly with the pre-drilled hole in the seat chassis. Don't over tighten them onto the seat cushion wire either as it helps to have a little play in them so you can locate them in the seat bottom and seat back.

The other mod that is needed is to drill out the four locating holes in the aluminium seat chassis with a 1/4" drill as the A20380 clips need a 1/4" hole so they locate and catch properly. The OEM drilled hole is slightly too small for them to push fit. DSCN4744.jpgDSCN4862.jpgDSCN4864.jpg

Back