• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Aluminum dash kits

I've done a search but can't seem to find a consensus. Anyone know if there is a "best" company to buy an aluminum dash kit from? Does anyone have this in their car, and would you be able to post pics?
What's better... real aluminum or the painted plastic. I would assume the real deal would definitely be better, but with heat building up in the car, would the aluminum heat up so much as to melt the glue thus causing the pieces to lift/fall off. Otherwise the real aluminum is a no brainer.
Thanks,
Raj

A buddy of mine has the plastic "aluminum look" kit and I don't think it looks good, in fact it makes the interior look even more outdated like that of an early model 300ZX. I've never seen a real aluminum kit and don't know if it's possible b/c the dash has contours, such as the ashtray cover that I don't think real aluminum could bend to give a factory looking fit. Alternatively, I have a friend who had the dash pieces removed and professionally painted silver and that looked more like aluminum. Whether or not he was trying to achieve that look--it looked really nice!

Back