• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Aluminum Floor Jacks

Wow, now these jacks are $79? Before long they will be going out the door for $19.99... :cool:

Make sure you compare specs. They all seem to look the same, but some are smaller with less lift height and lift capacity. I have not investigated this one, just something I did notice in the past:).

HTH,
LarryB

The dimensions and specs of the Griot's one mentioned above are identical to the larger one sold by Harbor Freight for $139.99.

I have the benefit of living down the road from HF. They have a pile of these floor jacks at their store. I almost picked one up but I want to determing my minimum heigth for clearance.

Nice looking jack for the money. I spent nearly tripple on a Michelin speed lift 3-ton jack and feel that I got robbed on quality (it has warped form the weight of an RL :confused: ) and it loses it's speed when weight is applied :confused: . I'm hoping $90 will provide the fix.

Doug said:
I have a Harbor Freight jack. Fits under the NSX without a problem. I think the pad height is about 3.5".

Do you know if it will fit under a lowered NSX (lowered by ~1.2 inch)?

Thank you.

I've use the cheaper sub $100-200 version of the jack. They kindna suck. The aluminum rods and moving part flex a bit. I prefer a normal steel jack in my garage.

Its advantage is lighter weight if you transport the jack a lot. and also the rubber padded disk is nice.

Back