• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Aluminum racing jack

Hrant,

Thanks for the info on the jack. I visited the local Harbor Freight Tools store last night (located at Auburn and Garfield, Sacto) in the interest of getting one, and they were wanting $169 for the silver 3000# jack. Is this $149 price an internet-only deal, do you know? The register person there didn't know what I was talking about regarding the online price.

Jason

I didn't see/read disclaimers that this was only an Internet deal!

What I propose you do is take the print out from the Internet and take it with you ........ sometimes the staff there need a few more cups of coffee if you get my drift ........... ;)

Hrant said:
...... sometimes the staff there need a few more cups of coffee if you get my drift ........... ;) [/B]

LOL! Yep, I agree. Thanks!

Jason

print the page

Just got off the phone with HF, they said to print the page and bring it in.
Dan

Thanks guys. I brought a copy of the webpage in with me to HF, and got the jack today for $149. It is not a "quick initial set" style, i.e., under no load, the jack can rise to full height in one pump, but it's a good deal nonetheless. The ones at Costco have the "quick set" feature but cost $279, so the one pump feature is a costly option!

92NSX said:
Does anybody know if this jack will fit under the car with a WW body kit installed?

This jack fits under my lowered '95, and Chris Wilson said it fits under his lowered S2000, which is very low. I do not think you will have any problems.

You know "Jack"!

Just ordered mine, thanks for the heads-up!

Once you buy one you will never use a regular jack again. I promise. The only problem I have is, because it is so light, it rolls down my driveway if I do not rest it against something!!!!

jrehner said:
WEll I guess if you consider 55 lbs to be light LOL

The jack that was for sale for $149 weighs only 35 pounds. But it feels like only ten pounds, after always wrestling a standard steel jack around my garage floor.

The quality seems very nice. It's a jack worthy of the NSX. :)

BTW, the minimum height of my jack is 3.5", not 4."

Just ordered one...since the order is over $50, shipping is FREE
They do add a $5.95 handling fee, bringing the total to $155.94 to your door.

Autophile said:
The jack that was for sale for $149 weighs only 35 pounds. But it feels like only ten pounds, after always wrestling a standard steel jack around my garage floor.

The quality seems very nice. It's a jack worthy of the NSX. :)

BTW, the minimum height of my jack is 3.5", not 4."

Thanks for the heads up about the deck height! That was a major sticking point for me.

Back