• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Am I done with my NSX?

This is an undercover "I'm flossin' my stacks" thread right?

soulja-boy-09.jpg

Dave ,I think to fully qualify something as a "mod" it has to be installed on the car:rolleyes::wink:

Wheels (for the streets) and type r seats. Done and done.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

You think Matt? Like some 18/19 combo with some heavy ass tires? I have tried hard not to do anything that compromises function. I mean the factory is Forged... made by BBS... and I really like the look of the 02 wheel with spacers. Plus the ST brakes look HUGE inside a 17" wheel. You'd still change? It feels like a lot of cost for less performance.

Dave ,I think to fully qualify something as a "mod" it has to be installed on the car:rolleyes::wink:

No it doesn't. It can be a not-yet-installed mod. LOL... Its like building a house Doc, there is an order to the business. What's the point of installing something like the coilovers, then taking them off for the VRH, then installing them again? It's a mod so long as you own it. If it's in the pantry or the bedroom it is still a mod.

Last edited:
Modding is fully 100% subjective. Only you really know if you're done and the only person you should be seeking validation from is in the mirror.

If this thread goes on enough I am sure you will get a contingent that says "19's, widebody, HELLA FLUSH!" passionately and with 100% seriousness.

You'll also get folks saying "tubbed out, high boost turbo, meth injected"

And then there will be folks saying "full custom interior, total audio replacement, modern electronics"

You get the idea. Based on the specific set of criteria you seem to have set for yourself, then I think yeah, you're pretty much done. If you werent, I dont think you'd have asked :)

Alternately, you can subscribe to a new set of criteria. Then you'd be at step one :D

I am a really big believer in the notion that, despite web forum "herd" tendencies, there is no one "correct" "master mod list"... No "must have mod" for *any* car. It is completely subjective and largely based on goals/use case.

Last edited:
Your car's list of mods sounds like a diary of pricey items, I would say you don't need anything at this point!

If I had all those mods on my car, I would definitely stop. IMO the only thing your car needs is a nice pair of seats and a steering wheel. Wheels is a personal taste thing and can easily be changed so I won't bring that up.

Glad to know my mileage is still lower than yours...hehehe :)

Just enjoy the car and start shopping for another one to mod.

As for track time, I think it's overrated and I would never take my NSX on there. If you want to learn racing, get into shifter karts, it's the best way to race without spending too much. Or get into R/C car racing, I've been doing this since I was 16 and still get a lot of enjoying racing my 1/10 scale electric cars. The guys are just as serious but a fender bender usually means nothing more than a new body at worse!

Well I just did wheels. And the only place you can really enjoy the NSX is on the track. I have stopped tracking the car, it had only 11 track days. Those were on cool afternoons, not hot weather and I never ran it to the limit. It was more like legal fast street driving. I may still take it to the track just to experience it. Not to race, push it to the limit, etc. Just because the NSX is pure joy there.

I think I have gone overboard on my suspension, I may actually sell these and downgrade. Seats will come too, as will an aftermarket airbag equipped wheel ala what Ken Sampson did. But then I am truly done. I am going to maybe get a beater miata for the track, and enjoy my car until the new NSX comes out.

Last edited:
Well I just did wheels. And the only place you can really enjoy the NSX is on the track. I have stopped tracking the car, it had only 11 track days. Those were on cool afternoons, not hot weather and I never ran it to the limit. It was more like legal fast street driving. I may still take it to the track just to experience it. Not to race, push it to the limit, etc. Just because the NSX is pure joy there.

I think I have gone overboard on my suspension, I may actually sell these and downgrade. Seats will come too, as will an aftermarket airbag equipped wheel ala what Ken Sampson did. But then I am truly done. I am going to maybe get a beater miata for the track, and enjoy my car until the new NSX comes out.

The new NSX might be a joy in many ways, but one way it will not be able to compare to the "old" one, is it will only come with 2 pedals, and to me, it's the 3rd pedal involvement that gives driving a "sports car", that something extra special. If you're out there tracking seriously, and need that extra 1/100th of a second, than paddle shifting is for you!!!

No of course I prefer a stick, and that's something the new NSX has to overcome. Not having one. I'm nt planning on selling my NSX until I get to drive the new one, I certainly don't need to be the first guy with one. If Honda has any brains they should give a special deal to current NSX owners that have been faithful to their cars. And put a standard in... LOL

SoS laminova water/air intercooler?

No, if I go further with the engine I will go twin aerocharger turbo like david dozier. I just like keeping it simple. Intercooler means heat exchanger, lines, water pump, new brace, fuel management, injectors, fuel pump, tuning. It's not jus intercooler. Then it will eventually heat soak anyway. IMO that intercooler needs two more cores. Now you want to see an effective, ingenious, well designed intercooler? Look at what DDozier has done. THAT is the way to do it.

Back