• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

American version of Top Gear

I heard NBC has finalized the cast for the American version of top gear. The only host I approve of is Tanner Foust, the other two are some home remodeling guy and Adam Corrolla. With only one notable performance driving host, I can't imagine this will be as entertaining as the BBC version.

Actually Adam Carolla is a real car enthusiast, and actually has a personality unlike Tanner. Honestly all the shows ive seen with Tanner as a host have made me think he should stick with driving. I dont know about Eric Stromer, but I think Adam Carolla is a good choice for the show. Look at the uk version of top gear, and you'll see none of them are professional racing drivers, they are just guys with a passion for cars whose personalities work together and make the show funny and entertaining.

Interesting article, I didn't know Corrolla was a car guy. I guess his dead pan delivery seems contradictory. Hopefully the show will be good.

How does this Tanner guy get all these tv gigs?I mean our own Billy(stuntman) is probably dying to be Tanner Faust:wink:

Adam i think has around 18 cars, and is a car guy time will tell if the team dynamics prove to be a success, but Adam will be honest either way I think..

i don't really like adam corrolla....
i duno - i just can't imagine it being better than the real deal. they really spend some money making that show!

to me, it looks like it's going to be some knockoff, non-cinematic tv show. some of the shots they get on the the real top gear are absolutely amazing. (and they actually play good music :tongue: )

i might be forced to watch it if the seasons are staggered, though. :tongue:

Back