• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Amp Question

I am finally getting closer to collecting all of the parts for my stereo upgrade. Right now, I am keeping the stock head unit, but I am adding a SWS 10in Earthquake in a footwell enclosure. I have not yet chosen the door speakers though. My question is this:
I really like the Alpine PDX series amps. However, I have sitting around an Alpine MRP M200 sub amp. I am wondering if I should purchace the two channel Alpine PDX-2 150 and use the sub amp that I already have or purchace the Alpine PDX-4 150 and bridge two channels for the sub? Is there any benefit to having seperate amps for the door speakers and the sub? I plan to mount the amp(s) behind the drivers seat. I am pretty sure that either option will fit without causing space issues.

Thanks in advance for you responses!

Nate in DC

I have a PDX4.150 on the way.... will let you know how it goes. I am also using the stock HU, 10" Elemental Design slim sub, and MB Quart QSD216s in the door.

I have an Alpine 9855 but haven't had the heart to hack up the console yet... maybe a winter project.

I have the PDX4.150 with an apline W200 HU, Polk door speakers and the v3 ztoolman sub powering everything. It rocks pretty good. I recommend it.

Back