• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Amsterdam, Berlin, Prague, French Alps, Geneva Winter Advice

Ok, so I've finalized my trip for this winter. Here is my current itiniary assuming we are able to stick to it. Other than accomodations in Amsterdam and in the Ski Resort in Val Disire, we havn't booked any hotels.

Dec. 28 - Jan 2, Amsterdam
Jan 2 - Jan 5, Berlin
Jan 6 - Jan 10, Prague
Jan 11 - Jan 14, Frech Alps via Geneva (Val Disere)
Jan 14 - Jan 17, Geneva

Here are some details I am still looking for some info on. How many hours by train will it
take between Amsterdam to Berlin, Berlin to Prague, Prague to Geneva? Should we take sleeper cars or don't even bother and fly? I hear that I need to buy party tickets for New Year Eve for Amsterdam. Anyone know where a good place to go for NYE? Anyone know any good bars, clubs, activities (wintertime!!!) we definitely must check out? I'm 28 and my buddy I'm traveling with is 30... we plan to party as hard as our bodies can take. :p Any tips on finding and suducing hot women in these places? In the Alps, I am meeting up with some Swedes to go snowboarding. I hear that they are infamous for the wild activities at the resorts in the Alps. T-Minus 2 weeks, I am stoked!

kenjiMR said:
Ok, so I've finalized my trip for this winter. Here is my current itiniary assuming we are able to stick to it. Other than accomodations in Amsterdam and in the Ski Resort in Val Disire, we havn't booked any hotels.

Dec. 28 - Jan 2, Amsterdam
Jan 2 - Jan 5, Berlin
Jan 6 - Jan 10, Prague
Jan 11 - Jan 14, Frech Alps via Geneva (Val Disere)
Jan 14 - Jan 17, Geneva

Here are some details I am still looking for some info on. How many hours by train will it
take between Amsterdam to Berlin, Berlin to Prague, Prague to Geneva? Should we take sleeper cars or don't even bother and fly? I hear that I need to buy party tickets for New Year Eve for Amsterdam. Anyone know where a good place to go for NYE? Anyone know any good bars, clubs, activities (wintertime!!!) we definitely must check out? I'm 28 and my buddy I'm traveling with is 30... we plan to party as hard as our bodies can take. :p Any tips on finding and suducing hot women in these places? In the Alps, I am meeting up with some Swedes to go snowboarding. I hear that they are infamous for the wild activities at the resorts in the Alps. T-Minus 2 weeks, I am stoked!

Nice! But you will get a LOT of cold!!! :eek: :wink:

I would fly to Maldives or Caribe right now! :biggrin:

Train:
Amsterdam to Berlin, 5-6 hours depending on the train, less with a ICE
Berlin to Prague, 5 hours in express train
Prague to Geneva, about 12 hours!

Have fun and take some pictures! :smile:

I think the apres ski is better in austria, the skiing is cheaper which creates a younger crowd. We go to Saalback near salsberg and it is party central. lots of hot scandi chicks around! are you going to east or west berlin? you cant go wrong in old town prague, many bars andcool underground hangouts! the trip looks great!

I went a couple times to Sant Anton (Austria), :eek: sacrilege for a Swiss ;) :D , and I would avoid there if you are not into fatty UK girls! :D

Anyway 90% men, 10% women. Nice slopes BTW if it is only skiing related...

We used to call is Saint MANton! :)

i have been to st anton... the crazy kangaroo bar? you aer correct about too many dudes, saalbach is better

Try http://www.unitas.cz/ if you're still looking for lodging in Prague. We stayed there this past spring, clean and reasonable, and located in the 'Old Town' and stumbling distance to the 'New Town' as well. I don't remember the name of the place we stayed in Amsterdam but if you're just going to wing it when you get there I'd recommend walking a ways (at least ten blocks or so) from the train station. Once you get back into the quieter neighborhoods the hostels and hotels are cheaper and cleaner and still an easy walk to all the districts. We had a blast in both places, you really can't go wrong. Enjoy:biggrin:

Nate

Back