• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

An NSX is racing at Phoenix!

Maybe this is old news. I follow/support The Racer's Group (Porsche GT3 RS) in ALMS and Grand Am GT series. I was there in 2003 when they won overall at Daytona - YEAH that was GOOD!

Anyway I was checking on the qualifying status at Phoenix for the G/A race this weekend and I see that Honda of America, Comptech and RedLine oil have an NSX entered! WOW! Their time is about 2 seconds/lap slower that Kevin B. but I hope they win. I hope Kevin Buckler does not read this BBS. :)

Actually, there are 3 NSXs in Phoenix

HART debuted their carbon fiber tub & widebody NSX in the Rolex series at the Phoenix race. We spent a good amount of time in each other's paddock space comparing and contrasting cars, discussing setups, etc. HART are a great bunch of guys, and we are absolutely pulling for them.

The other two NSXs at Phoenix were our entries in the Grand-Am Cup series. We run the #51 and #99 cars (black and red, respectively). The red #99 car also saw its debut at this race - in fact, there was some confusion in the paddock with some spectators - several people I spoke with mistook our new red race NSX for HART's new red race NSX. They saw pics of their red NSX with no graphics on it yet on the Internet and thought they had found the team when they came by our paddock area.

The Cup race is scheduled to be broadcast at 12:00PM Eastern time next Sunday (April 18th) on The Speed Channel. I won't give any spoilers here, but it was a good race to say the least. I hope they review/discuss the magical one-lap qualifying session. Very similar to what we experienced two weeks ago at Homestead-Miami.

EDR

Here's a pic of #99

And it's even the right color! :)

rednsxracer.jpg

I'm watching it right now. Have only caught glimpses of the HART NSX and nothing so far of the DAL cars. But I'm still looking! ;)

Brian,

The light setup is custom made by Rob.

Ponyboy,

The DAL guys raced Friday night. It will be shown on Speed next weekend.

Thanks, I checked out Grand Am website and got the results. I won't spoil it for anyone.

The HART car though is far game. ;) Looks like they finished with a DNF in 9th position in their class. Car looked great at the start though.

Back