• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Annoying swirl mark???

Hello everyone! Please give me some advice. I have noticed some swirl marks on my formula one red NSX around the back of the car:redface: . These swirl marks were created from a NSX's soft thick rubber mat that most NSX technicians lean on when they do major service around the engine. I used some scratch removal but didn't work that well. What should I do to avoid this from happening again?

Thanks in advance everyone!:smile:

Last edited:
To avoid this from happening again, I would nicely make them aware of this next time you bring the car in. That way they make sure not to just pick one of those mats off the floor and place it on the car. What I have done in the past using something similar to those mats when working on a car I am going to have to lean on or might rub when working in the engine bay is to first with some quick detailer wipe off the area around the engine bay. Second I mist on some quick detailer and lay down a sheet of plastic wrap (the kind you have in the kitchen). The plastic wrap should stay on the paint (avoid bubbles in the wrap). Then I put the vinyl cover on top of that. That way if it rubs, it is not rubbing against the paint, but instead the plastic wrap. Also making sure there is not any dirt/ dust on the paint as well as on the inside of what ever you are laying on the paint helps to avoid instilling scratches.

Back