• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Annual Midwest NSX car show possible!

Would you be interrested in showing your NSX at the Strausenfest next year? My company has been approached to participate in an annual car show /charity event down town St. Louis. A 2 block area off Market by the Soldiers Memorial is being used Aug.5th 6th and 7th. The Volkswagon club attends every year, also there will be 3 stages with popular rock bands, food, crafts, art, games, and more. My goal would be to have a large turnout of NSX's and involve St. Louis Acura, a couple of classic and exotic car dealers, and of course welcome any other enthusiast and their cars. The point of this thread is to oproximate the interrest for next year's event. I will attend this year to evaluate the event and create the plan for next year. This could be a nice way for some of us midwest members to meet!

I'm definately interested and bet we could get a pretty big group together. Just keep the drunks away and it would be fun!

I would be interested. With enough planning I could bring both NSX's and help build your numbers up.

With enough planning I could bring both NSX's and help build your numbers up.

hmmn... if you're serious, Mitch, I /might/ be able to supply a driver for one of those cars from Indy down this way.

...Then again, I know how you're not interested in putting that many more miles on the clock ;-)

-Matt
ex-GreenTea Pilot
Now-Hotshoe in der bloated PanzerWagon

GreenTea said:
hmmn... if you're serious, Mitch, I /might/ be able to supply a driver for one of those cars from Indy down this way.

...Then again, I know how you're not interested in putting that many more miles on the clock ;-)

-Matt
ex-GreenTea Pilot
Now-Hotshoe in der bloated PanzerWagon

HAHA!! Yeah....because keeping the miles off of my car is a big concern. :D ;)

Seriously, if the planning is done far enough in advance I think it would be fun to take both NSX's to this show. So keep me updated.

By the way Matt....where you been foo?!?!?! :D

Meeyatch1 said:
if the planning is done far enough in advance I think it would be fun to take both NSX's to this show.
Well, I could catch a flight up to Indy, meet you at the airport ... or maybe come in the night before and head to St. Elmo's (Yeeeeee-HAW, that's a spicy Shimp Cocktail) and then we could roadtrip down with both your low-rides. Hmmn - could do it solo, or bring the wife (yes, Mitch - wife... though not the same one that I came up to Indy with last time).

Meeyatch1 said:
By the way Matt....where you been foo?!?!?! :D
Well, if the above doesn't give you any clue.... Seriously, layin' low, puttin' a lot of effort into the house (which needs a lot more), workin' like a dawg, and gettin' myself hitched (the local single women were complaining).

What up with you, Bro?

-M

Last edited:
hmmmm STL is only 4 hours away... :biggrin:

matteni said:
also - why not try it this year?
This year I would like to attend the event behind the scenes and see how to best prepare for the show. I want to have a fun yet organised turnout. We could try to throw it together but that would just add undue stress to what should be a fun time!

GreenTea said:
Well, only if you drive like that sissy Mitch.
:biggrin:

Hey now!! At least I drive my NSX....yours was a mere garage queen compared to mine. ;)

I would be game... We could drag more people out I am sure.
Matt how is the allroad?

I'm in. Why not this year??? All you need to do is rope an area off or buy both space, right? Anyway I think( but what do i know, i've never palnned an event like that :wink: ) this year is do-able.

I agree - let's try it this year! What's the worst that can happen?

:confused:

That way next year we will have some "lessons learned" and such. I am sure I am missing something but who knows where we will all be next year. Let's go for it!

len3.8 said:
how is the allroad?

Yo, Len.

The allroad is doing fine and running strong. A few more payments against my recent remodeling work and and I'll be in good shape to replace it when the new '06 allroad becomes available. How's the Cayenne?

GreenTea said:
Yo, Len.

The allroad is doing fine and running strong. A few more payments against my recent remodeling work and and I'll be in good shape to replace it when the new '06 allroad becomes available. How's the Cayenne?

Cool... The Cayenne is cool. They are replacing the transmission and fixing the Millionth problem... Boy can I pick the good ones.
My wife loves it though. So I will be kept as long as Porsche doesn't have to buy it back, like Audi did...... :smile:

We can do a small car show this year if I can get at least 10 of you to show!They are willing to give us a great spot at the west side of 14th street on Chestnut! :smile:

1. [1]MarkB
    [2]matteni
    [3]Meeyatch1
    [4]skynet0419
    [5]len3.8
    [6]Ko-nsx
    [7]NSX01
    [8]jjeray
    [9]BESTOUCH

Last edited:
damn i wish i could be here during those dates, (i'll be in seattle) grrrrr

Back