• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Annual Southern California Beach Party - July 19

What date for the Beach party?

• July 12

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • July 19

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Annual Southern California Beach Party

Since I'm sunburned from last Monday it reminded me that it is time to organize the annual NSX beach party for this summer.

This will be the 3rd annual (4th??) Held at Bolsa Chica State Beach in Huntington Beach North of the Pier. We boil corn in salt water and then peel back the husk and dunk the cob in BUTTER. Best corn you will ever eat.

Looking at two Saturday options:

July 12

or

July 19

Place your vote or forever hold your peace.

Woodwork

JULY 19th, HUNTINGTON BEACH

Hi All:

With the p/m that I received on the yahoo list it looks like the popular date will be July 19th.

In the past I have gone to the beach at 6 am to get the furthest North fire pit. If the wind is coming from the West, it gets the least smoke from the other firepits.

To get there, take the 405 to Huntington Beach, Exit Beach or Golden West. Drive South all the way to PCH. Turn Right and drive to the entrance of Bolsa State Beach. Turn left, Pay the parking (I think $3.00), (yes, it went down) turn right and continue West (north up the beach) (Remember the old Chevron commercial that in So.Cal. you have to go West to go North)??

We will be right around the last bathroom building (no more porta potties) before you get to the Jack in the Box. Look for the EZ up with the Acura Banner.

This is not an NSX club exclusive event, Everyone that has any enthusiasm for the NSX is invited. The entry fee is some food to share.

Corn on the Cob: Kent
Tent for Dougs new baby: Kent
The best Duck you ever tasted: ??Alex??
Home made Ice cream: ??Mark??
Fire wood:
Soda:
Chips:
Whatever:

See ya there on the 19th.

Woodwork

Last edited:
Hi Still:

This event is still on, even it is just me and my boys.

Thinking about learning to surf so might have a used board there if anyone else wants to try.

The EZup will be there, the corn will be there.

I don't really need sign ups, but it would be nice to know how much corn to buy. I usually buy it by the case, 4 dozen to the case. If I don't hear from too many people I'll just buy a case.

see directions above,

Woodwork

19th is the day.
i'll do my best to make it there.

Conrad:

Bring your brother by the beach.

There should be something happening from Noon till at least 8PM.

They kick us off the beach at 10PM.

Usually the fire is getting really BIG by 9PM to burn up all the left over wood and the butter from the corn

Wayne Mello is a pyromaniac.

Woodwork

wow, i was talking to a friend and he said that NSX engineers will be attending. yowzers! time to go and invite more people. this should be a great opportunity for all nsx owners!

hey guys....i may take my wife and kid---sorry no nsx. i can't fit 2 other people...hehehe i will either make or bake something for everyone....hahahaa....

calvin

atomicbombpinoy said:
wow, i was talking to a friend and he said that NSX engineers will be attending. yowzers! time to go and invite more people. this should be a great opportunity for all nsx owners!

Really?! Is this true?

Anyone from San Diego coming up to the beach party on Saturday than can deliver some Dali rotors to me?

In exchange I offer you corn masterfully prepared by the cornmeister himself, Dr. Shepley (seems like a pretty good deal to me).

Dave

Back