• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Another attempt at a Dyno Day...

How does Saturday, Oct 25th sound for people? If we can get 10 confirmed people, ATP in Fremont will give us a reduced rate of $50 for 3 dyno pulls (usual price is $65).

Please post to this thread if you can commit.

-CiaoBoy

Re: Re: Another attempt at a Dyno Day...

2slow2speed said:
Chris,

I'll be at the track that day :(, the following weekend would
work for me though.

Ken

I'll be at the UCLA/Stanford football game on Sat, Nov 1st, so I wouldn't be able to make that weekend. How about the weekend after that? Nov 8th?

-CiaoBoy

Re: Re: Re: Another attempt at a Dyno Day...

CiaoBoy said:
I'll be at the UCLA/Stanford football game on Sat, Nov 1st, so I wouldn't be able to make that weekend. How about the weekend after that? Nov 8th?

-CiaoBoy

Hi Chris,

Sat Nov 8th will work for me as well, what kind of dyno does
ATP have? I've dynoe'd my NSX at Dynospot about 3 times
before and after upgrades..

Ken

Re: Re: Re: Re: Another attempt at a Dyno Day...

2slow2speed said:
Hi Chris,

Ken

They have a DynoJet dyno.

http://atpturbo.bigstep.com/home.html

I've dyno'ed my NSX at Dynospot once, just to get a baseline. Since then, I've gotten Comptech headers. In order to be consistent, I'd prefer to get my second dyno plot at Dynospot again, but unfortunately they charge $85. If they can match ATP's price, it'd be a no-brainer for me. Plus, Dynospot is closer to where I live.

I'll call up Dynospot to see what kind of deal they can offer.

-CiaoBoy

Re: Re: Re: Re: Another attempt at a Dyno Day...

2slow2speed said:
Hi Chris,

Ken

I just called Dynospot, and here are the rates they quoted me:

dyno plot without air/fuel ratio: $65, discounted from normal price of $85

dyno plot with air/fuel ratio: $100, discounted from normal price of $125

They need 10 cars, and they can hold it on a Saturday or a Sunday.

I'd prefer to get my car done at Dynospot, since it's much closer to me, and I got my baseline done at Dynospot. You guys interested in having it at Dynospot instead of ATP?

Nov 7th doesn't work for them because they'll be at SEMA in Las Vegas. Nov 1st is open, so is Nov 2nd. Nov 1st would work for me, as long as I get my dyno run done in the morning, so I can go attend the UCLA/Stanford game. However, I just realized that Nov 1st will conflict with the monthly club lunch. Maybe we should do Nov 2nd?

Let me know guys. Please post a reply here so we can get a count. Thanks.

-CiaoBoy

Okay, that's three people so far. Any other people interested in a Dyno Day at Dynospot Racing in San Jose on Sunday, Nov 2nd?

Come on, we need 7 more people in order to get the group rate.

-CiaoBoy

CiaoBoy said:
Okay, that's three people so far. Any other people interested in a Dyno Day at Dynospot Racing in San Jose on Sunday, Nov 2nd?

Come on, we need 7 more people in order to get the group rate.

-CiaoBoy

Chris,

Do you have access to the NSXCA Northern CA yahoo group?
Maybe you can post this announcement there as well, there
are a lot of folks that still don't check Prime :(.

BTW: I'm not subscribed to that group..

Ken

2slow2speed said:
Chris,

Do you have access to the NSXCA Northern CA yahoo group?
Maybe you can post this announcement there as well, there
are a lot of folks that still don't check Prime :(.

BTW: I'm not subscribed to that group..

Ken

Okay, I just emailed the Northwest group. Hopefully we'll get some interest.

-CiaoBoy

I just posted a message on the S2ki forum and hopefully we can get a few more cars. I mean different car from the same company is better then not enough NSX to do the dyno day right? heh the link i posted on their forum is http://forums.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=158097 but i'll check it and keep you up to date on the number of cars.

Larry

I talked to Dynospot Racing and they agreed to accept a minimum of 6 cars and give us the discounted rate. We have 3 people on this thread so far, and I know of two other people, so that's a total of 5.

Come on, we just need one more person!!!

We're looking to start at 9:00am and be out of there by noontime. They estimate about a half hour for each car.

-CiaoBoy

ttb said:
so what's the word on an S2000 joining your dyno run?

I checked the thread on the S2000 forum and there was no interest. The dyno runs are open to any car, except AWD cars. We are not restricted to just NSX's and S2000's. Bring any car you want.

-CiaoBoy

so what's the final date/time. i can make it pretty much any saturday. sundays are maybe.

i'm interested. will either bring the rx-7 or the s2000.

thanks, let me know.

ttb said:
so what's the final date/time. i can make it pretty much any saturday. sundays are maybe.

i'm interested. will either bring the rx-7 or the s2000.

thanks, let me know.

We're shooting for this Sunday, starting at 9am and finishing by noontime. Let me know if you can commit ASAP so I can book the date with Dynospot Racing. Thanks.

-CiaoBoy

Okay, it looks like we have 7 people. 5 NSX's, one Ferrari 308, and one Miata. I just called Dynospot Racing and reserved Sunday morning for us. They will get back to me by tomorrow on whether or not their workers can come in. They have to confirm this because our reservation is so last-minute. I'll post here once I find out myself.

I need to be in Oakland by 10:30am on Sunday, so if you guys don't mind, I'd like to be the first car dynoed and then I need to split right away. I wish I could stay longer and chat and see the dyno results of the other cars, but unfortunately I can't stay.

-CiaoBoy

Dynospot has confirmed that we can have our Dyno Day this Sunday, Nov 2nd from 9am until noon or a bit later. For those of you who committed to coming, thanks for doing so. See you Sunday morning!

-CiaoBoy

Folks,

It was nice seeing you all at Dynospot on Sunday morning.

Hopefully the results of the dyno were useful for the respective owners.

Thanks Chris for organizing the event and Dick and his staff at Dynospot for their time, it's not everyday that a shop opens up on a Sunday ;).

Ken

2slow2speed said:
Folks,

It was nice seeing you all at Dynospot on Sunday morning.

Hopefully the results of the dyno were useful for the respective owners.

Thanks Chris for organizing the event and Dick and his staff at Dynospot for their time, it's not everyday that a shop opens up on a Sunday ;).

Ken

You're very welcome. Most thanks go to Dick and Chad for accomodating us on a Sunday.

Did any other cars show up after I left?

-CiaoBoy

Back