• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Another new Japanese article on the next NSX

I was at the local Japanese bookstore with my wife and I saw a blurb about the NSX on a Japanese car magazine. The magazine was called "CAR (something in Japanese), Powerful Car Magazine." It's the December issue.

Anyhow, I can't read Japanese so I just looked at the concept photos and the headlines. Something about "V8 F1 2006." I'm not sure if this is in reference to Honda's belief that they will win the F1 Constructor's Title by 2006, but it seems like it. Finally, they showed the Integra-R K20A engine and the magazine seems to imply that Honda's going to use two of these for a V8 engine. The stats were 440ps@7800rpm and some other things I can't remember off the top of my head. Personally, I truly feel that a new NSX will surface when Honda regains the F1 title. Regardless, here's another rumor to throw into the mix :smile:

i believe Honda will release a new NSX when they win F1(constructor's and driver's) but a 4 liter V8 with around 440 horses just seems wrong, unless the car weighs less than 3000 lbs.

92NSX said:
put two 4 cylinders together to make a v-8? That seems really odd

Not at all!

Just think about the mighty BMW M Power NA V12 of the Mc Laren F1.

Put two M3 engine together and this would give something very near!

I would like very much to see a V8 derived from the fusion of two S2K engine.

4L and 480 hp or 4,3L and 516 hp!

In the same league of the 430 Modena NA V8 engine ( even slightly better ).

This is why I believe Honda could squeeze out 135-145 hp/L; if Ferrari can do more than 115 hp/L!!!

Let's keep on dreaming and hoping Honda will do something marvelous and inspired again.

All the world is waiting for it!

Can't they realize that????

I saw one yesterday (F430), the guy was showing it off, sounded similar to a 360. Honda really must put a V8 in the next NSX. Saw a new Aston (Vanquish?) and few Lambos too, London is a great place to see super cars. Too many Porsches though (like Beetles in Mexico!)

Back