• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Another NSX/S2K get together

S-TO-8K said:
Good to see some of you will make it. Certainly is understandable regarding the back-tracking for some of us.

Just read the S2Ki thread and it should be noted that the last 0.4 miles to the mill are un-paved. As stated on that thread, feed-back regarding this matter is appreciated.

Looks like i'll have to bring my tire cleaning spray with me :biggrin:

Seriously, doesn't bother me. We can drive slow....I know, it takes restraint...but these cars can go under 40.
If its only less than half a mile....no big deal.
Maybe thats just me though.
Al might have another opinion...haha.

Unpaved road and a bunch of NSX'rs that want to keep their car clean and some w/ big rims and tires, I doubt it. I talked it over w/ my Dad and he is not a fan of dirt roads and his NSX and I know for a fact that Al would not do it and I'm sure others. You never know w/ damn dirt roads as there could be a hole that you cannot see and then WHAM, there goes a tire and a rim.:mad:

Why don't we choose the Franklin Cidar Mill everybody knows where that is and it is not a lifetime away. I also googled a list of cider mills in Oakland county as there a bunch. But I think Frankiln would be a good place.

http://www.oaklandweb.com/recreation/cidermills.htm

I'll also register on the S2000 board and post this as well and see their thoughts. I just do not think dirt roads is a good idea if we want a good turnout.

I hear you. Those would be my thoughts if I were to drive my NSX (and even my S2K) there :biggrin: :biggrin: But I would still do it though...got a detailling/cleaning kit in the trunk of each!

Took the liberty of posting your suggestion on S2ki.

^^^Damn Roland you are faster than me. I just posted there as well. :wink:

blodi said:
Alright, you guys win:rolleyes:
honestly we could have a cruise to a local dump and I would go.:biggrin:

LOL! I know what you mean, but the local dump needs to be on a paved road. :wink: :biggrin:

I am thinking the Franklin Cider Mill around 1PM. Hoe does that sound to everyone???????

blodi said:
Alright, you guys win:rolleyes:
The new spot sounds fine to me....honestly we could have a cruise to a local dump and I would go. I just like meeting up.:biggrin:

:biggrin:

Check out the newly proposed route. I know those roads, they are pretty entertaining some nice twisties (for Michigan standards) :cool:

Copy and paste excerpt from myblueheaven(S2Ki):

Place : Stoney Creek Orchard & Cider Mill
2961 W 32 Mile Road
Romeo, MI 48065
586-752-2453
www.stonycreekorchard.com

Meeting Spot : 11 Mile Road and Inkster (parking lot behind 7-11)
Time : 12 noon (prompt please)
Date: Sept. 30th
Driving Directions: From 11 mile and inkster
Location to 696 east 1.5 m
696 east to 75 north 13m
75 north to Rochester rd. 7m
North on Rochester rd to Romeo rd. 17m
East(right)on romeo rd. which turns into 32 mile rd. roughly 3m

I think this is a good choice for a spirited drive. Hope the weather works with us whatever drive we will choose!

Last edited:
That would work for us as well. A nice drive but not to far, We could meet up @ 11/Inkster as well and then go as a group.

How does this one sound to everyone????? Franklin or this one????

Greetings all,

My name is Shane, and I hope you'll forgive me for introducing myself here rather than elsewhere on NSX Prime. I'm a long-time enthusiast owner/driver of various performance cars over the years, and have always watched the NSX closely. The dream of this car actually helped me through college in the 90's! At any rate, though I don't own one, I'm not here to troll - promise! You can find me over on the MBWorld W203 (C32/C55) forum under the same name, if you care to take a look.

I live in Farmington Hills, and have been lurking here for some time, looking for an opportunity to hook up with NSX owners in the area. I'm hoping that one or more owners might be willing to give a fellow enthusiast a ride so that I might experience the NSX first-hand. I've begun to tire of the endless weight gains of the various manufacturers' performance cars (my own included), and in fact I expect that after I enjoy six months or so with the Stage II mods I'm about to have installed, I'll be looking to sell my C32 and find a nice mid-90's NSX. I think that it's almost time to split my needs (go fast vs. daily driver/family car) into two cars instead of trying to compromise on both.

Anyway, the short version: I'm wondering if you guys might like some German car company for your get-together. I'm a responsible, experienced driver in my mid-30's and not trying to stir up trouble or anything (though I enjoy a spirited run as much as the next guy!).

Kindest regards,

Shane

Shane,
From one german car enthusiast as well to another...welcome!
I for one wouldn't mind at all having you along, and would be more than happy to give you a ride. I lusted after the NSX for about 7-8 years before I got one, and only finally got to even sit in one just a couple months before getting mine.
Heck, I wouldn't mind a ride in your car either, those cars are rockets!

Shane,

Farmington Hills huh? We live in FH also and I'm sure you have seent a blue NSX around. That is my Dad and me cruising around town. Anytime you want a ride in it let me know, my Dad is always willing to let someone expierence the NSX first hand. Ask Wingz, we gave him a ride in it and now he has one, but he had to get the wife to approve also. :wink:

We live in Ramblewood off of 14 mile betw. Drake and Halstead. Heck I'm only 29 so I'm closer to you in age than my Dad. Shoot me a PM anytime and we can set aomething up. We work from home so we are always around.

That C32 is awesome and I love all cars and as Blodi said, they are rockets! We would love to have you join us. The more cool cars the better. Glad to have you around and you are always welcome to join us. I can say from expierence that I do not make friends very easily and am quite shy @ times but I have met a great group of people through this board by having my Dad own an NSX. Even though it is not my car, it does not matter to anyone. They know it is his and I'll be first to tell you it is not miine. I have my own toy.:wink: My Dad and I have enjoyed meeting all the diff. kinds of folks who have the same love for the NSX form this board and have made some good friendshps through it. Hope to hear from ya! :biggrin:

ekin95 said:
The more cool cars the better.

That said, I should mention I also invited my friend with his 1981 DeLorean....I figured we needed some stainless steel gullwing action to mix things up. Just be patient on the spirited drive though....he is working with only 130hp...haha.

m3_eater said:
Greetings all,

My name is Shane, and I hope you'll forgive me for introducing myself here rather than elsewhere on NSX Prime. I'm a long-time enthusiast owner/driver of various performance cars over the years, and have always watched the NSX closely. The dream of this car actually helped me through college in the 90's! At any rate, though I don't own one, I'm not here to troll - promise! You can find me over on the MBWorld W203 (C32/C55) forum under the same name, if you care to take a look.

I live in Farmington Hills, and have been lurking here for some time, looking for an opportunity to hook up with NSX owners in the area. I'm hoping that one or more owners might be willing to give a fellow enthusiast a ride so that I might experience the NSX first-hand. I've begun to tire of the endless weight gains of the various manufacturers' performance cars (my own included), and in fact I expect that after I enjoy six months or so with the Stage II mods I'm about to have installed, I'll be looking to sell my C32 and find a nice mid-90's NSX. I think that it's almost time to split my needs (go fast vs. daily driver/family car) into two cars instead of trying to compromise on both.

Anyway, the short version: I'm wondering if you guys might like some German car company for your get-together. I'm a responsible, experienced driver in my mid-30's and not trying to stir up trouble or anything (though I enjoy a spirited run as much as the next guy!).

Kindest regards,

Shane

Nothing wrong with some German love:biggrin:

S-TO-8K said:
:biggrin:

Check out the newly proposed route. I know those roads, they are pretty entertaining some nice twisties (for Michigan standards) :cool:

Copy and paste excerpt from myblueheaven(S2Ki):

Place : Stoney Creek Orchard & Cider Mill
2961 W 32 Mile Road
Romeo, MI 48065
586-752-2453
www.stonycreekorchard.com

Meeting Spot : 11 Mile Road and Inkster (parking lot behind 7-11)
Time : 12 noon (prompt please)
Date: Sept. 30th
Driving Directions: From 11 mile and inkster
Location to 696 east 1.5 m
696 east to 75 north 13m
75 north to Rochester rd. 7m
North on Rochester rd to Romeo rd. 17m
East(right)on romeo rd. which turns into 32 mile rd. roughly 3m

I think this is a good choice for a spirited drive. Hope the weather works with us whatever drive we will choose!

I think I am getting a bad rap as being overly protective of my NSX. In order to change that impression, I was going to propose an off-road NSX get together complete with a two-track race, a rock climb and a river crossing. What do you guys think? Nothing that a rag and some spit shine can't clean up! :wink:

Seriously, I look forward to the new location. Dirt roads (however short) are a serious bummer. I am glad this came to light prior to our visit. Since I live in Highland, I think I will probably drive directly there, instead of meeting up with some of the other guys and convoying there. Let's hope for sunshine.

Tinker219 said:
Assuming engine assembly and tuning go well, count me in. However, it has to go VERY well for me to make it.
Is anyone going to NSXPO? Thats my REAL deadline for having the car ready, though it would be nice to test and tune before shredding on Sebring.

WOW! I would love to see your NSX. I have heard amazing things about it. NSXPO, not this year but hopefully next yr in Ohio. :biggrin:

Damn double post again. GRRR

Well I'm thinking it is about a 45 minute drive so those who are not going to drive w/ the gropu I would say we would be there right around 12:45-1:15 PM depending on the time we leave.

Man I hope the weather is nice b/c this is sounding off to be the best/biggest meet to date and w/ a variety of car.

NSX, S2K, German, Back to the future car:wink: , etc. Now all we need is a little Italian to round out the bunch. :wink: :eek:

Good evening all :smile:

List so far :

NSX prime list:
6 NSX's + 1 tentative

The list(S2Ki):
10 S2000's

also

1 Mercedes C32 :cool:
1 1981 DeLorean :cool:

I will certainly bring my video cam to capture that string of exceptional cars motoring by!!

Last edited:
Thanks for the warm welcome. I hope S-TO-8K makes it so I can see a CTSC car in action too!

m3_eater said:
Thanks for the warm welcome. I hope S-TO-8K makes it so I can see a CTSC car in action too!

I believe his NSX is in FL right now and he will be coming with his S2K, (I could be wrong though).
Both NSX-Hawk and Remotemonkey's cars are CTSC'd, the prior being also a Zanardi edition. So there should be someones SC'd car there, and I want a ride in one too! :biggrin:

Speaking of forced induction cars, has anyone talked to Devin???

blodi said:
I believe his NSX is in FL right now and he will be coming with his S2K, (I could be wrong though).
Both NSX-Hawk and Remotemonkey's cars are CTSC'd, the prior being also a Zanardi edition. So there should be someones SC'd car there, and I want a ride in one too! :biggrin:

Speaking of forced induction cars, has anyone talked to Devin???

He will be there in his S2K. His NSX is in FL. I hope Devin can make it out. He wanted to last time but the weather was bad. I would love to see his car!:eek:

yeah i think everyone here is forgeting that mine is supercharged aswell, its no lovefab turbo. but a SC none the less

nsxenginene1.jpg

its got all comptech headers, exhausts, Carbonfiber cold air intake, supercharger, and some more Carbon fiber stuff i dont even know what its for. but all Comptech. so we might be coming up, things are kind of shakey right now and i wont know for sure until the day before if we can make it.

but honestly i dont want to miss it

remotemonkey said:
yeah i think everyone here is forgeting that mine is supercharged aswell, its no lovefab turbo. but a SC none the less

nsxenginene1.jpg

its got all comptech headers, exhausts, Carbonfiber cold air intake, supercharger, and some more Carbon fiber stuff i dont even know what its for. but all Comptech. so we might be coming up, things are kind of shakey right now and i wont know for sure until the day before if we can make it.

but honestly i dont want to miss it

Comptech guy I bask in your glow:biggrin:

Hope you can make it as well.

Back