• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Another SoCal shaker

Reduced to a 5.4 now, but the map shows a bunch of aftershocks within minutes, including a small one near Foothill Ranch.

I live in Portola Hills, near where the small aftershock was (Foothill Ranch is down the street). I didn't feel it although I did feel the bigger one at 4:55.

Last edited:
I know I wouldn't have felt the first one if I wasn't sitting still. It was just a small roller for me. The one about a month ago was a tad stronger, even though it wasn't much either, at my house. That's fine with me. I've always lived in So Cal so I've been around for many.

I was at a Pinkberry in Irvine, suddenly felt the floor starts to roll around me like I am sitting in the middle of the ocean. Thought they spiced my yogurt!

I was excited I was finally in town for one. I missed the 7.X a couple months ago. Honestly been waiting for my first LA quake. I was in my building and my blinds started smashing against my windows, got out on my balcony and felt the entire building swaying back and forth.

I was excited I was finally in town for one. I missed the 7.X a couple months ago. Honestly been waiting for my first LA quake. I was in my building and my blinds started smashing against my windows, got out on my balcony and felt the entire building swaying back and forth.

Where were you? By your description you must have been close to the epicenter.

Back