• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Antenna Strange issue... Ideas??

Hi Everyone,
Have a 92, and today when I left for the store , looked over in the carport and the antenna was up?? Got home 1 hr later and it was down, car is in the shade w the windows cracked , could it be heat related??

Thx

just looked again, it is up???

going to unplug it

I have an antenna problem also. Its stuck half way down all the time. Im about to replace it with a shark antenna and call it a day. I would tell you to do that. It looks way more updated.

since the ant is in the trunk you might have moisture in the trunk which is shorting it out and triggering the up function, when it drys it goes down.

check your seals on your tail lights, remove the jack tools styrofoam and see if there is a puddle of water under it.

dry it leave trunk open for a few hours in the sunlight and your done.

if it keeps doing it I would have the ant fully tested and or replaced.

my first thought was an antenna gremlin....but shawn110975 may be onto something :biggrin:

I recently installed the shark 2. Reception is not as good as the six foot stock antenna, but looks a lot better than one stuck half way up. I do get some weak signals when I'm in the valleys. I sent email to locustom to make sure I didn't do something wrong with the hook up. sometimes strong signals, sometimes a little scratchy. Love the way it looks though.

you can install a cheapo FM booster and might help out alot.

you can get them at radio shack for like 12 bucks. hard wire it into the car plug the ant into it and your done. I have used them in the past but since my NSX ant is brand new I will stick with the 6' ant LOL

reminds me of a remote control car hahha..

I don't even use the trunk antenna. I just hooked up my headunit to the window antenna and have no problems.

I installed a double din systems and also installed a modified center console, having done this I had a switch installed to control the antennae. For, the most part, i leave the antennae down and still get good reception in the city where I live. I took it out on the road, went out about 17 miles before I went into a valley where the radio started to lose reception. Pushed the button and put the antennae up about six inches, and bang, reception again.

Back