• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any DCI Alumnis here?

BD

Legendary Member
1991 Concord Blue Devils - DCI Finalist - Alto
1992 Concord Blue Devils - European Tour - Soprano

Vance Hu

Hey Vance!!

Small world??

Love the Devs but I really always wanted to join the Vanguard so I did!!!

1982-83 Anaheim Kingsmen (snare)
1984-85 Santa Clara Vanguard (snare)

Looking forward to Finals here in Pasadena next year; we should all meet there!

Mark Stepp (NSX-ster) should chime in soon too I hope!
...thanks for the shout, hope there's some more.

All the best,
Terry

(everyone else is reading this and wondering "what are these dudes talking about?") :frown:

Awesome, SCV is great, always love their shows. My friend Michael Collins actually taught the brass line two years ago.

I still play my trumpet from time to time. I play with RCC, Riverside Community college MB. The staff is basically all Devs' staff, all music arranged by Wayne Downey. I ran the trumpet line for years and was their soloist for years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ARmnRFhPZ4

Don't post much these days, but it is interesting to find those that have similar, albeit tangent interests. Blue Devils and SCV are my all time favorite drum corps, wow that brings back some memories . . .

Different class, but I marched with the Sacramento Mandarins from 1984-88
A-60 DCI Champions in 1987, never finished the '88 season. Good times . . . Kevin

khiroshima said:
Don't post much these days, but it is interesting to find those that have similar, albeit tangent interests. Blue Devils and SCV are my all time favorite drum corps, wow that brings back some memories . . .

Different class, but I marched with the Sacramento Mandarins from 1984-88
A-60 DCI Champions in 1987, never finished the '88 season. Good times . . . Kevin

So do you know Jerry and JJ Ridgeway?

Another DCI season. Looks like BD is going to take their 15th title.

Back