• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any Free Mason's here?

Just wondering if there were any fellow free mason's here?

I get initiated this evening and am pretty excited. I love history, and this organization is loaded with it.

You WERE going to get initiated but since they control the web and they saw this post, you're no longer going to be able to join.

I get initiated this evening and am pretty excited. I love history, and this organization is loaded with it.

I've heard of them before. I honestly don't know much about them. Care to share?

They're almost as popular as the No-Homers Club. ;)

stonecutters_song_1.jpg

i lived in the masonic home for children (covina, california) for 2 1/2 years as a child.

i can say with complete honesty that the Home saved my and my sister's lives. the Home provided us with sanctuary and helped us reset our understanding of what was required to live healthy and productive lives. in turn, that new foundation helped my sister and i change the course of our family forever.

i'm something of an "observer" and whenever i see a masonic or shriner ring, i always take a moment to thank them for their support of children - healthy or ill (as the shriner burn hospitals are so well known for) and to encourage them to continue helping others as they have for many years.

good for you, deedub.

hal

According to the Discovery Channel the other night, Free Mason's are the oldest Fraternity on Earth. They stole the ancient secrets given by God to the Jews (10 Commandments) from King Solomon's Temple. They apparently now secretly rule the world.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Freemasons

BTW: As a "Member of the Tribe" I would like them back. :rolleyes:

Yes, contrary to popular belief, they are a very giving group of people (shriners and masons). Movies and media hypes have given them some misleading background info.

All in all, they're a botherhood that I've not experienced since I was in the military and would bend over backwards to help persons in need and/or the community.

Its often too easy to judge a group so quickly from the outside with at best, second hand information.

My Dad. He always instilled in me that part of my responsibility was to give back to the community. For many years now our Christmas presents to each other is a contribution to a charity in the other's name.

For many years now our Christmas presents to each other is a contribution to a charity in the other's name.

Great idea - I love this. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

My grandfather was a 33rd degree mason when he died at the age of 78. Unfortunately we were never able to talk about it... i was pretty young when he died.

Although I was able to read some of his books.. Namely MORALS and DOGMA by Albert Pike. Albert Pike wrote this book has some of the most intricate grammar and vocabulary I've ever seen. Most of it to which is way over my head. I could never finish reading it. :eek:

My favorite grandfather was. I don't know much about it but would join if ever asked. Invitation only thing, no?

I am part of the super exclusive group of mason's who are not free. We charge biotch. :biggrin: Congrats man.

I'm a mason.. I guess it's obvious from my screen name.. :) How was your 1st degree ?

speaking of Masons, I just finished watching National Treasure - Book of Secrets. I've always been intrigued by the Free Masons and all other sort of secret societies, conspiracies, and theories.

What is the relationship between DeMolay and Freemason's? I was a part of DeMolay in high school, but couldn't get that much into it becuase the chapter was a long ways away. We CRUSHED at Conclave though!!

Good stuff deedub... let the secrets be revealed (and kept)

I can't tell you guys that I'm part of the Mason since it was part of the Free Mason guideline - Not to disclose your membership.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/trPbqYBFvWk&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/trPbqYBFvWk&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/trPbqYBFvWk&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/trPbqYBFvWk&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

lol wtf

Hahah.. Mine too... But OK.. ?!?

What is the relationship between DeMolay and Freemason's? I was a part of DeMolay in high school, but couldn't get that much into it becuase the chapter was a long ways away. We CRUSHED at Conclave though!!

Good stuff deedub... let the secrets be revealed (and kept)

Demolay is like the preparatory stage for Freemasonry. Usually, kids and relatives of Masons ages 13-18 I think join this group. That would help them understand more what freemasonry is all about...

Back