• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any Interest in a Clear BRA Party?

I have been in contact with a 3M Bra Installer in the Tampa/Orlando area. He is willing to come to Maryland/DC/VA and have the 3M invisible bra installed on NSXs or S2ks of interested owners.

His price is $600 (NSX), $550 (S2K) + expenses. The expenses have not been forecasted yet, but would be divided among the participants. I was hoping to ask Criswell Honda (Germantown, MD) to host the party.

Any interest???? If so I will get more details. You can see some of his work at www.invincaman.com

-----------------------------------
He has some references on the S2K board and his web site is full of pics.

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=274144&hl=bra

I spoke to him today and we estimate his expenses for 4 cars are about $75/car that brings the NSX to $675 and the S2000 to $625. That's hard to beat. If a local guy could compete, I would be highly interested.

Thanks

Oh, I thought this might have had something to do with women... in which case I would have been in. :biggrin:

I possibly have or more Lotus Elises interested. Criswell Chevy/Lotus is the dealer in MD (but they charge around $1k). Possibly more Elises will be interested as well. If you can get an Elise quote (the template is available) I would appreciate it.

DCNSX said:
I possibly have or more Lotus Elises interested. Criswell Chevy/Lotus is the dealer in MD (but they charge around $1k). Possibly more Elises will be interested as well. If you can get an Elise quote (the template is available) I would appreciate it.

Right now all I need is 2 more cars. This guy said he can only do 2 a day. I have 2, so if you can provide 2o more, we have our party.

I will contact him immediately to get the price for the Elise. I want the windshield frame, mirrors, door edges and a strip behind each wheel. Is this what you are looking for?

DCNSX said:

Maybe one of the Criswell dealerships (Honda or Lotus) would make a bay available for us.

I doubt the Lotus dealer would make a bay available because they offer the same thing -- at $1,000. Yes, for the Elises we would be looking to get headlamps, mirrors, lower side sills and particularly in front of the rear wheels. It's pretty standard on the Elise templates I've seen. My home garage in Reston, VA is available if needed. fits 2 cars.

That is a nice price .It cost me 850 to 3m our TL in NE Pa.And the job was still alittle iffy as far as fit goes.

DCNSX said:
I doubt the Lotus dealer would make a bay available because they offer the same thing -- at $1,000. Yes, for the Elises we would be looking to get headlamps, mirrors, lower side sills and particularly in front of the rear wheels. It's pretty standard on the Elise templates I've seen. My home garage in Reston, VA is available if needed. fits 2 cars.

Could you make it to Chriswell Honda in Germantown?

Don't see why we couldn't get the cars up to Criswell Honda. How much for a Mercedes S-class?

DCNSX said:

Here is the response back from the installer about the Elise. He cannot get the material, you would have to. Here is what he said:

"The two persons you know with the Lotuses have to buy the material through Lotus/Starshield. Starshield is the orginal OEM for Lotus. I spoke with Starshield and they said that they will be able to sell the product to them directly. You can call Isaac directly at 626-813-0299. Isaac is the rep for Starshield/Lotus. Once they have the material in their possession, I will be able to do the installation for them, and only charge them labor since they are already buying the material through the manufacturer. Because of this, I cannot quote you for the material, although Starshield/Lotus will do that for you, but I can quote you a price on labor only which is $350.00 per vehicle"

Maybe you can contact Starshield/Lotus and see what the material cost would be. Would you let me know? Thanks.

Rick

Isaac sez I have to buy the film directly from the Lotus dealer. (This is true only if you use Starshield). I believe there are others that use the 3M product. In fact, I know there are others as they have posted templates. This is the coverage areas we're looking for:

Attachments

• elise3Mfilm.jpg
    elise3Mfilm.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 139
DCNSX said:
Isaac sez I have to buy the film directly from the Lotus dealer. (This is true only if you use Starshield). I believe there are others that use the 3M product. In fact, I know there are others as they have posted templates. This is the coverage areas we're looking for:

I'm checking.....
hourglassANI.gif

Back