• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any Interest in a limited run of SPOON NSX-R GT Aero Bumpers?

Hello all,

After our first run of the Spoon Sports Aero Mirrors group buy, we are now moving onto the next possible exclusive item; Spoon Sports Front Aero Bumper / Rear Aero Bumper, the same ones used on their NSX-R GT Race Car.

As far as I know, these bumpers were never officially released for sale, they were used on their track / circuit cars. We may have a limited opportunity to have these produced in limited numbers for the NSX community. The front bumper is for the 2002+ NA2 front end, the rear bumper fits all 91-05 NA1/2 NSX, both styled agressively for enhanced aerodynamics and downforce. These bumpers are track-proven, unsurpassed quality made by one of the greatest names in the Honda world.

As far as costs are concerned, there is no "official" pricing on these yet since it is not a "production" part, when I find out I will let you guys know once I can confirm pricing.

These MAY be available in both FRP or Carbon Fiber, I will inquire on pricing for both.

If you would like to participate in a future, limited production, please add your name below. Depending on the required initial purchase, we may place an order and get these in production from Spoon.

1. NSX1145 - Rear Bumper
2. Rogue Motorsports - Front & Rear Bumpers
3. You?

ScreenShot2013-03-06at110037AM_zps0ca9beee.png

ScreenShot2013-05-01at40159PM_zps9023e84f.png

t_6_zps40d3ca26.jpg

Last edited:
yup spoon nsx's run route ks front and rear bumpers , if you can get the route ks side skirt flare i want that

That is interesting because when I contacted a Spoon rep about getting the bumpers off of their race car, they did not mention that they were another make, they said they could make them for us.

Read the whole post. It said nothing about making a replica. The were going to be made directly by spoon.

I would be interested in the front and rear bumper

Read the whole thread. How can spoon make them when they aren't even spoon products. That's what he's referring too.

Last edited:
for you guys in the know..does spoon give credit(props) to route ks for their aero?

for you guys in the know..does spoon give credit(props) to route ks for their aero?

i dont think so , im not 100% sure

but on the 125k usdm spoon nsx type r that was for sale in the us, spoon said it was spoon aero(s) on the car on the window sticker lol, and the on the same window sticker it said the car was on nsx type r wheels but we all know that spoon red car was on prodrives lol

ask me how i know?

Last edited:

According to the Honda Tuning Magazine ad, and my rep. at Spoon, these are made by SPOON, not Route KS.

Spoon's NSX-R GT development is an extension of Honda's original philosophy it used to create the NSX-R, which relied not on raw gobs of power but reduced weight, higher precision, and a perfect balance. Spoon uses genuine Honda parts and specs where it is required, but elsewhere adds the components that are responsible for making the company the premier tuner that it is. Replacing the OEM bumpers with Spoon's own carbon-fiber GT replicas shaves a total of 88 lbs from the car. The fixed headlights represent a 22lb savings compared to the pop-up ones. The carbon-fiber hood is 30-percent lighter than the original aluminum one. The NSX-R's Recaro carbon-fiber bucket seats and Momo made-for-Honda steering wheel further reduce weight and keep the R look consistent. Titanium engine mount bolts replace the steel ones and a smaller alternator and lightweight aluminum bracket reduce yet another few pounds. Lighter suspension and brakes bring the total weight savings to 440 lbs less than a regular NSX-R, according to Spoon's owner and founder Ichishima San, who introduced the car at the Auto Salon.

Read more: http://www.hondatuningmagazine.com/features/htup_0905_spoon_sports_na1_nsx/#ixzz2STLvTMyy

- - - Updated - - -

x2. These pieces are Route KS.

Scorp965 is running the full kit...

Scorp965 is running the full ROUTE-KS kit, not SPOON. Just to clarify

- - - Updated - - -

Please don't starting making replicas of someone else's parts

I am not making any replicas of anyone elses parts. Read the thread before you comment. This is for a potential group buy with SPOON to sell the actual SPOON NSX-R GT bumpers. (Made in Japan, by SPOON).

According to the Honda Tuning Magazine ad, and my rep. at Spoon, these are made by SPOON, not Route KS.

Spoon's NSX-R GT development is an extension of Honda's original philosophy it used to create the NSX-R, which relied not on raw gobs of power but reduced weight, higher precision, and a perfect balance. Spoon uses genuine Honda parts and specs where it is required, but elsewhere adds the components that are responsible for making the company the premier tuner that it is. Replacing the OEM bumpers with Spoon's own carbon-fiber GT replicas shaves a total of 88 lbs from the car. The fixed headlights represent a 22lb savings compared to the pop-up ones. The carbon-fiber hood is 30-percent lighter than the original aluminum one. The NSX-R's Recaro carbon-fiber bucket seats and Momo made-for-Honda steering wheel further reduce weight and keep the R look consistent. Titanium engine mount bolts replace the steel ones and a smaller alternator and lightweight aluminum bracket reduce yet another few pounds. Lighter suspension and brakes bring the total weight savings to 440 lbs less than a regular NSX-R, according to Spoon's owner and founder Ichishima San, who introduced the car at the Auto Salon.

Read more: http://www.hondatuningmagazine.com/features/htup_0905_spoon_sports_na1_nsx/#ixzz2STLvTMyy

- - - Updated - - -

Scorp965 is running the full ROUTE-KS kit, not SPOON. Just to clarify

- - - Updated - - -

I am not making any replicas of anyone elses parts. Read the thread before you comment. This is for a potential group buy with SPOON to sell the actual SPOON NSX-R GT bumpers. (Made in Japan, by SPOON).

Awesome. So lets hear the details/pricing you can get for us for True Carbon Fiber front and rear Spoon NSX-R GT bumpers. I'm in. Although true carbon fiber bumpers for the NSX should easily be a 5k+ part...

i cant wait to see the full carbon front and rear bumpers.

also these parts all over yahoo japan so any body with a bid service can source these bumpers , i dont think its real route ks however

This gb never got off the ground. I believe that the Spoon made parts are carbon frp, while the off-shelf route ks parts are just frp only. The parts can be ordered, but will be expensive in singles

This gb never got off the ground. I believe that the Spoon made parts are carbon frp, while the off-shelf route ks parts are just frp only. The parts can be ordered, but will be expensive in singles

If they can be purchased ... Can you pm me a quote..

Back