• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any interest in this '02 style valence kit?

Hi Everybody,

I'm very interested in the 2002+ style rear skirt/valence look for early model NSXs seen here. I REALLY like the '02+ look and I REALLY like quad-tip exhaust - with this kit, both can be realized. :biggrin:

I have no idea how to get a hold of this company, but I'd like to see if we can get a group buy going. I hope some of the original buyers can get me their contact info :wink:.

Let me know if anybody else is interested!

pics of the kit in question:
122269987Rear1.jpg
122269987Rear2.jpg
122269987Rear3.jpg

Hmm. Looks pretty good, but not as nice as OEM. I wish I could run the OEM rear with my anytime...:frown:

NetViper said:
Hmm. Looks pretty good, but not as nice as OEM. I wish I could run the OEM rear with my anytime...:frown:
I couldn't agree more. I go back and forth everyday on whether to get the '02 valence and get rid of my quad tips, or paint my current valence similar to the '02 style and keep my beloved DTM exhaust. OEM looks better, but I think this kit would look great with quads - dare I say better than OEM :eek:. The quads would remove the gap between the diffuseresque piece and the spats.

This would also be an great alternative for people looking to save a lot of money on the '02 valence, and who doesn't like to save money? :wink: :biggrin:

PM "Bling" he is the one that brought them in for us last time.

I bought three kits but sold them as I elected just to go with the original 2002/5 rear valance from Acura.

redshift said:
Hi Everybody,

I'm very interested in the 2002+ style rear skirt/valence look for early model NSXs seen here. I REALLY like the '02+ look and I REALLY like quad-tip exhaust - with this kit, both can be realized. :biggrin:

I have no idea how to get a hold of this company, but I'd like to see if we can get a group buy going. I hope some of the original buyers can get me their contact info :wink:.

Let me know if anybody else is interested!

pics of the kit in question:
122269987Rear1.jpg
122269987Rear2.jpg
122269987Rear3.jpg

makena88 said:
PM "Bling" he is the one that brought them in for us last time.

I bought three kits but sold them as I elected just to go with the original 2002/5 rear valance from Acura.
Thanks! I sent him a PM a while back, but I'll shoot him another.

Out of curiosity, did you have quad tip exhaust... if so, how did you get the newer valence to fit?

2slow2speed said:
BTW: Does anyone have pictures of the NSX-R style diffuser portion of the kit? I'm just curious to know if the diffuser would fit the stock 02+ rear valence.
Unfortunately, I don't think the diffusor would fit. I'm pretty sure it's made to fit on a stock '91-'99 valence.

To everybody who might be interested...

Here is a quick and dirty photoshop I did with Quad tips. The lighting is off and I did a crappy job cutting out the tips, but you get the idea:
122269987Rear41.jpg

122269987Rear5.jpg

Last edited:
Jin1976 said:
If you have the right quad exhaust you could fit them under the 02 valance.
True, but I've talked to a few people about this and there seem to be fitment issues (burned valence, realignment, etc). I'm also not a big fan of the look of those smaller diameter quad tips in the '02 valence; they're just too tight side-to-side with not enough vertical presence (did that make any sense). :smile:

redshift said:
Thanks! I sent him a PM a while back, but I'll shoot him another.

Out of curiosity, did you have quad tip exhaust... if so, how did you get the newer valence to fit?

I had Quad Tips (RM Racing) but when I switched over to the new valance I put on a new exhaust (Taitec GT lightweight) BUT I think the kit you want maybe able to fit the QUAD tips but not 100% sure :(

makena88 said:
I had Quad Tips (RM Racing) but when I switched over to the new valance I put on a new exhaust (Taitec GT lightweight) BUT I think the kit you want maybe able to fit the QUAD tips but not 100% sure :(
I'm 99.99% sure the QUAD tips will fit with this kit. :smile:

I think that the center piece will look nice painted flat black with Stacy's spats painted color matched.

What do you guys think? I like the 02 valence, but the side spats could be a lot more aggressive looking like the one Stacy or Nico has for sale.

Maybe a photoshop?:biggrin:

paulviriyapan said:
I know of a company that can and will make this kit if 1) they can get a copy of the original (to splash off) and 2) there are enough confirmed buyers to make it worth their effort.
That does sound good :smile:. bling is the go-to-guy when it comes to this kit, you should shoot him a PM and see if you two can work together on bringing this kit to the masses. :wink:

Hello, everyone.

I've been busy dealing with many other things and didn't pay too much attention to this thread until lately.

Please note that a 2nd group buy WILL be going forward and I am currently working with another vendor for producing easier to install kit as well as better pricing.

I will keep up updated...meanwhile, thank you for your patience. :biggrin:

bling said:
Hello, everyone.

I've been busy dealing with many other things and didn't pay too much attention to this thread until lately.

Please note that a 2nd group buy WILL be going forward and I am currently working with another vendor for producing easier to install kit as well as better pricing.

:biggrin: :biggrin: Thanks bling! :biggrin: :biggrin:

bling said:
Hello, everyone.

The calling has been answered.:biggrin:

bling said:
Hello, everyone.

Hey Bling, I have a manufacturer in SoCal who would also be interested in manufacturing it if they can get a copy to make from. If you have pricing from your guy, let me know and I can see if these folks can beat it.

Paul

P.S. I'll be in the group buy for sure.

bling said:
Hello, everyone.

Put me in line on the group buy. (Hope I can just buy the center piece.)

Thanks

fo'sho...

bangbang001 said:
Put me in line on the group buy. (Hope I can just buy the center piece.)

Thanks

bang(x2)001 , if the side spats are re-styled to what I'm looking for, we can possibly split the package if the components aren't offered separately.

Bling, I'm game if the side spats will be a different fit than the previous offering. A more seamless-fit that's on par w/ the '02-'05 OEM rear spats portion of the updated rear valance would be ideal! :cool:

Regarding the rear-valance, center diffuser piece... would it be possible to get in carbon-glass or a regular weave CF wrapping over the urethane/fiber-glass part? Total carbon-fiber unit isn't requested, Procar NSX offers that.

any updated information?
Thanks

I Have molds for those 02 style rear spats. Fitment is great and easy to install. Retains stock 91- 01 exhaust opening. I could also make up a centre piece if there is enough interest.

You can see some of my other parts in the gallery under "Lqqky".
A few members have picked my side skirts and have been pleased with the fit and the price.

I will try and post some pics A.S.A.P

Carlos 416 999-7332

bang!

lqqky said:
I Have molds for those 02 style rear spats. Fitment is great and easy to install. Retains stock 91- 01 exhaust opening. I could also make up a centre piece if there is enough interest.

You can see some of my other parts in the gallery under "Lqqky".
A few members have picked my side skirts and have been pleased with the fit and the price.

I will try and post some pics A.S.A.P

Carlos 416 999-7332

I'm interested for all of the above...

Questions:

- The '02-'05 rear spats can be installed over the '91-'01 rear valance? (ie. the rear spats portion and center piece on the '91-'01' models is one piece)

- The rear valance diffuser piece can be more on par w/ the '02+ NSX-R, not having as many fins and as 'thick'/curvy as the kite version? [see below]

r-d8.jpg

http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/General/modelinfo/typer-atshow2.jpg

- Can you make excellent-fitting decklid-spoiler piece (ie. '02-'05 models: enderneath trunk spoiler, resting on trunk decklid... for aerodynamics and keeping tail-lights clean) [see below]

jp02-29.jpg

I'll take either center piece but I would rather have the 02 look without the fins.

thanks

Back