• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any MMA fans?

I just finished watching Pride GP Critical Countdown from June 20th. What an amazing set of fights... just wow.

Kevin Randleman and Quinton Jackson's powerbombs... to Emelianko and Minataro's genius technique...

The most dangerous men with their bare hands in the world...

MMA is pretty much the only sport that can keep my interest as a fan. Those athletes have my respect big time. I think motorsports drivers and MMA competitors are the only real gladiators with sacks made of depleted uranium. :)

http://www.sherdog.com

Pride FC is great, but UFC has really gone downhill.

I met Quinton several times and know his brother and they are the two nicest guys you can meet. Quinton's fist is about half the size of my head. I hope he kicks Vanderlei's butt this time around...

*puts hand up* i like how kevin randlemen destroyed mirko crocop(while back). I think he's still stunned! Randleman is great to watch!

Jackson's power bomb was awesome, was it fedor? that survived kevin randlemans powerbomb and continued fighting? no wonder they started calling cyborg!

K1 Max is on free to air tv tonight, not as good as pride but it'll do :D

Malibu Rapper said:
Pride FC is great, but UFC has really gone downhill.

I met Quinton several times and know his brother and they are the two nicest guys you can meet. Quinton's fist is about half the size of my head. I hope he kicks Vanderlei's butt this time around...

I'm a childhood friend of BJ Penn, ex-UFC champ for welterweight. They took his belt away since he decided to start fighting in K1 Max. The way UFC is promoted and the lack of fight education on the part of Americans are the reason why it sucks... Americans don't have a matrial arts culture the same way as in Japan... they don't know how to appreciate the fighters.

I started watching UFC since right after the original aired (think it was 95'). Really good fighting and proves once and for all which disciplines work in the real world.

I kinda got away from it in the past few years as i'm not willing to shell out 29.99 US just to watch it by myself.

kenjiMR said:
I'm a childhood friend of BJ Penn, ex-UFC champ for welterweight. They took his belt away since he decided to start fighting in K1 Max. The way UFC is promoted and the lack of fight education on the part of Americans are the reason why it sucks... Americans don't have a matrial arts culture the same way as in Japan... they don't know how to appreciate the fighters.

Dont stereotype.

Ive been in the Martial arts for going on 24 years. Ive fought in many MMA tournaments and can tell you that there is a great sense of culture among the fighters. Regardless of where they are from. "Lack of fight education on the part of Americans are the reason why it sucks..." What the hell is that??? Are you saying that American fighters are uneducated in the arts of combat? I think not. The martial arts as a whole may be new to the Americas when compared to the legacy of Japan, but it is no way inferior in Quality. In fact I believe that the martial arts have only grown and will continue to grow with American influence. As well as influence from all over the world. Look at Jui-Jitsu. Ive trained in Brazilian Jui-Jitsu for 13 yrs. Our roots are from Japan, but how often do you hear of a great fighter from Japan. Not often. Who has heard of Royce Gracie?

loNfastNSX said:
Dont stereotype.

Ive been in the Martial arts for going on 24 years. Ive fought in many MMA tournaments and can tell you that there is a great sense of culture among the fighters. Regardless of where they are from. "Lack of fight education on the part of Americans are the reason why it sucks..." What the hell is that??? Are you saying that American fighters are uneducated in the arts of combat? I think not. The martial arts as a whole may be new to the Americas when compared to the legacy of Japan, but it is no way inferior in Quality. In fact I believe that the martial arts have only grown and will continue to grow with American influence. As well as influence from all over the world. Look at Jui-Jitsu. Ive trained in Brazilian Jui-Jitsu for 13 yrs. Our roots are from Japan, but how often do you hear of a great fighter from Japan. Not often. Who has heard of Royce Gracie?

As Malibu Rapper said, I was refering to the casual sporting fans in America.

There are many good fighters from America and I am a fan of a lot of them... such as Maurice Smith, Mark Kerr, Mark Coleman, Chuck Liddel, etc... Also there is a new promising new American fighter in K1 Carter Williams.

I live about 5 minutes away from Frank Shamrock's gym and have been considering training under him for some time for fun as well... :)

On spike TV is a documentary about Mark Kerr. The show is titled Untold "The Smashing Machine". Guess what....Mark Kerr owns an NSX. There are some good shots of it during the show.

Back