• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any neurologists? Need help from accident.

gtr

Experienced Member
Sorry not NSX related but I am really concerned for my father what does this mean? He thinks he is superman and doesn't care.

MRI results.

I really apprecite the help everyone.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Put simply: A small old stroke (lacunar infarct) and a herniated disk in the neck.

SCS2k said:
Put simply: A small old stroke (lacunar infarct) and a herniated disk in the neck.

What is a small old stroke. A stroke that happened years before without realizing?

I should make him see a chiropractor for the disk?

Basically we were rolling 4 times in a SUV and surrived. Only my back was out of alignment but he landed on his head hard. :frown:

I think your dad is not that bad afterall. He does not need a neurologist nor chiropractor. He should see an internist to get his blood pressure, cholesterol, and neck pain taken care of. I think even DocJohn knows how to treat these. :wink:
Steve

I would recommend a NUCCA chiropractor (I am a bit biased :biggrin: ). The reason I say go the NUCCA chiropractic route is because it is as specific as you can get, extremely gentle (no twisting and popping stuff), and better results. If you have questions you can PM me. I work with the "master" of the technique who is 82 and still seeing 100+ pt's a week. I can help you find someone who is qualified and close to you. There are not many who do this work. I am not sure about how much it will help with the Superman stuff, but I have seen pt's pull out of severe depression and anxiety attacks after an adjustment. Hope this helps.

Steve,I only play one on TV :wink:

gtr said:
What is a small old stroke. A stroke that happened years before without realizing?

I should make him see a chiropractor for the disk?

Basically we were rolling 4 times in a SUV and surrived. Only my back was out of alignment but he landed on his head hard. :frown:

The stroke(s) are likely small, old and the accident probably had nothing to do with them.

As far as the herniated disk is concerned that would depend on his symptoms and condition. I personally would not recommend a chiropractor, if he is doing well overall it may just heal up on its own. If not and he is in excessive pain and/or having symptoms related to the disk then a neurosurgeon/physical therapy/anesthesiologist may be in order.

All of this is speculation based on very limited information provided. It is not intended to be medical advice or to constitute a recommendation for a course of action.

SCS2k said:
If not and he is in excessive pain and/or having symptoms related to the disk then a neurosurgeon/physical therapy/anesthesiologist may be in order.

Or a PM&R physician. :wink: :biggrin:

Back