• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any NSX-R spoiler owners who painted to match body color?

I see most of everyone leavess it CF or black as it comes.
Anyone actually paint to match their car color? Would love to see pics.

It doesn't look good imo. For body color I prefer the oem wing.

ebe5d9ec55913ac9d37a0382336fd50d.jpg

It doesn't look good imo. For body color I prefer the oem wing.

+1, It looks a lot better in CF than it does in body color. The stock wing flows with the lines of the cars and the R wing does not. That fact is accentuated when it is body colored.

What i have seen at the NSXCE tour on a silver NSX is the side supports were painted, but not the horizontal wing itself. It was looking okay along with the hood scoop.

uhh pretty much every black car has a color matched R spoiler...

I see most of everyone leavess it CF or black as it comes.
Anyone actually paint to match their car color? Would love to see pics.

If you do it just get it cleared with a touch of your paint color added. It gives the appearance of the color of the car but when you get up close you can still see the weave. I generally do that with customers restorations.
Kevin

I have a black car and I was totally on the fence on a type r spoiler left in exposed carbon fiber. I was on the fence because pictures don't come out right on it. Once I installed it, I fell in love with it. It really beefens up the rear, especially with a 02 valance and a mode 4 carbon diffuser like I currently run. It's very hard to photograph. Just save the Oem spoiler if you replace it.

I've been on the fence about buying one of these also.
My opinion is: Black roof go with a black wing. Later model painted roof...paint the wing. If I do get one it will be black and not carbon fiber though.

Last edited:
I have yet to see a downforce or a new pride type r spoiler with the original curved construction. I have the seibon type r spoiler. It truely is flat across. However I kind of like it. It matches the tail lights which are straight as a board. One thing I
like about the seibon I currently have is from the side, there is no large hump at the start of the spoiler. It sits flush.

View attachment 125674

I have a no brand purchased from Yahoo Japan. Its basically the type r raised higher, no stop light. Looks good in black, not sure how it would look painted, not really a fan of the colour matched ones.

19b3au.jpg

Back