• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any opinions on this-> RE: Radar & Laser Scrambler?

I was of the impression that it is illegal in GA to scramble a radar gun while it was permissable to scramble a laser--Any one well read enough in GA to offer an educated opinion? I truly appreciate your input--Thanx

How to make your car invisible to radar and laser!
Rocky Mountain Radar introduces a device designed to make your car electronically unreadable—if you get a ticket while using the product, the manufacturer will pay your fine!*
Today, Rocky Mountain Radar offers drivers a perfect solution to speed traps—the Phazer. It uses a passive radar scrambler to make your automobile electronically “invisible” to police speed-detecting equipment. The radar component works by mixing an X, K or Ka radar signal with an FM “chirp” and bouncing it back at the squad car by way of a waveguide antenna, effectively confusing the computer inside the radar gun.
Perfectly legal in most states. Some radar devices have been outlawed because they transmit scrambling radar beams back to the waiting law enforcement vehicle. The Phazer, however, reflects a portion of the signal plus an added FM signal back to the police car. This, in effect, confusing the waiting radar unit. Best of all, unless you are a resident of California, Minnesota, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Virginia, or Washington D.C., using the Phazer is completely within your legal rights.
How it scrambles radar. Police radar takes five to 10 measurements of a vehicle’s speed in about one second. The Phazer sends one signal that tells the radar the car is going 15 m.p.h. and another signal that the car is going 312 m.p.h. Because police radar can’t verify the speed, it displays no speed at all. To the radar gun, your car isn’t even on the road. The Phazer begins to scramble radar signals as far as three miles away from the speed trap. Its range of effectiveness extends to almost 200 feet away from the police car, at which point you should be able to make visual contact and reduce your speed accordingly. Works with laser, too! The Phazer uses light-emitting diodes (LEDs) to fire invisible infrared pulses through the windshield. Laser guns interpret those pulses as a false indication of the car’s distance, blocking measurement of your speed.
*Ticket rebate program. If you do get a speeding ticket within the first year while using your Phazer, they will pay your fine! While the Phazer is designed to help you avoid speed traps, it is not intended to condone excessive speeding. *For that reason, the manufacturer will only pay tickets where the speed limit was not exceeded by more than 30%, or 15 miles per hour, whichever is less.

Try it for yourself, in your own car. The Phazer comes with a three-year manufacturer’s warranty. What’s more, call today and you can try this technology for yourself.

*While the Phazer is designed to help you avoid speed traps, it is not intended to condone excessive speeding.

Try this product for 30 days, and if not satisfied, return it for the full purchase price* (*less shipping and handling).

------------------
[email protected]

You may want to do a search on this.

Personally - I had one and the radar part was fair at best and the scrambler part simply didn't work. Waste of $300 if you ask me.

How I know it didn't work? They have these speed kiosks around here were they setup a big sign which shows your speed as you drive by to alert you that you might be going to fast and that SOON there will be a REAL cop there handing out tickets. This thing always picked me up and showed my speed on the sign.

I believe it is illegal to scramble a radar gun throughout the United States because, to do so, you need to transmit a radio signal on a band for which you do not hold a license.

Laser jammers are not illegal because they emit light waves, not radio waves.

There's a lot of information in the FAQ about radar and laser jammers. The passive radar jammers don't work. The automotive press (primarily Car and Driver) has done many tests and reached the same conclusion as Nick.

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
Laser jammers are not illegal because they emit light waves, not radio waves.

Laser jammers are not illegal at the federal level, but there is at least one state where they are illegal by state law.

Back