• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any Other Rear Strut Bar Options?

Does anyone know of any other options for the rear strut bar?

Comptech discontinued the bar and only offer the big triangular version for the Targa.
152-003.jpg

And I am not a big fan of the look of the one from Carbing that SoS offers.
wide_right.jpg

Any thoughts?:confused:

Last edited:
Dali has a billet one that mounted on the stock bar location. I gave one away a year ago when it didn't sell. I love my carbing bar.

I know you said you don't prefer the Carbing bar, but I would suggest looking at it again. It is one of the few ones that actually bolts to the shock towers. I have that bar and I like it. It's more silver in color than the photo makes it look.

I know you said you don't prefer the Carbing bar, but I would suggest looking at it again. It is one of the few ones that actually bolts to the shock towers. I have that bar and I like it. It's more silver in color than the photo makes it look.

Yeah I am actually leaning that way, just seeing what other options out there I might be missing out on since I am in no rush to get it. Maybe someone local on Prime might get sick of their old Comptec bar. :wink::biggrin:

+1 I like the Carbing bar...its on my list.

Pro Car - CF Triangle Brace is sweet! :biggrin:

Not so sweet on your WALLET though....$$$ :smile:

SOS has their own one too, but I like the Carbing one also after seeing it in person.

That one looks hand built. Titanium Dave should build these.

It should be fairly simple to get a machine shop to build you one, the one above is on a French member's car, he says he made it himself, it seems to be inspired by this one, on the pop design nsx:

supermorimori-img600x450-1166189496supermorimori-img600x450-1103901278toraianguruba-3.jpg

supermorimori-img600x450-1166189484supermorimori-img600x450-1103901264toraianguruba-1.jpg

I am interested in one, but I have pipes running through my engine bay for my turbo, so I can't do sizing, I need a part, then I need to get my charge pipe reshaped.

I agree, someone make these, for less than $300 bucks, and I'm in! :) That thing looks stout.

btw, nice looking engine bay. :smile:

That one looks hand built. Titanium Dave should build these.

attachment.php

It should be fairly simple to get a machine shop to build you one, the one above is on a French member's car, he says he made it himself, it seems to be inspired by this one, on the pop design nsx:

supermorimori-img600x450-1166189496supermorimori-img600x450-1103901278toraianguruba-3.jpg

supermorimori-img600x450-1166189484supermorimori-img600x450-1103901264toraianguruba-1.jpg

I am interested in one, but I have pipes running through my engine bay for my turbo, so I can't do sizing, I need a part, then I need to get my charge pipe reshaped.

That one looks like the "Trike" bar that Dali used to sell in 2003/04.

Hi,

What's the functional difference between the triangle one the one that just goes across the strut towers?

Thanks,
Tony A.

I can make this part, cost would be $400 if I can do 5 of them at a time. They would bolt onto the stock mount above the rear shocks, triangle bridge forward to the front fire wall.

LMK,
Dave

Back