• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any Pics of OEM 16/17s In Bronze?

Hello everyone. I am considering having my wheels refinished in bronze. My car is a 98 with factory wheels. The wheels have some scuffs and the clear is coming off in several areas. The rear left looks terrible due to the peeling. Has anyone went with the factory setup in bronze? My car is Berlina Black and I think it would look great. Pictures would help tremendously. Thanks in advance.

This is what you will have to do, I spent 30 minutes yesterday and I found nothing. I don't think you can go wrong :).

Maybe somebody with good photoshop skills can give you a rough idea? Im also curious myself what it would look like.

This is what you will have to do, I spent 30 minutes yesterday and I found nothing. I don't think you can go wrong :).

Im doing it! :) I started them today. I have a body shop and the sherwin Williams franchise so getting the paint was no issue. I mixed up the bronze base for a medium/dark look. I'm using SW matte clear in the satin sheen. No need to photo shop now ;)

Thanks for trying to find it. I spent an hour or so trying to find a pic with no luck. They are going to look great. I just need to lower my car a bit. I have bilsteins on the way.

Alrighty guys....they are finished. I just dropped them off at the tire store to get them mounted and balanced. I'll have pics up this afternoon or in the morning.

Sweet! I solute you for doing something new. You might start a new NSX fad who knows.

Here are a few pictures. Sorry about the bad lighting. What do you think?

IMG_0294.jpg

IMG_0295.jpg

IMG_0296.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I mixed up several different paints to try and couldnt get a sherwin williams bronze to look exactly like I wanted it to. I ended up spraying them in Duplicolor wheel paint BRONZE. Do NOT buy the duplicolor wheel paint CLEAR to go over it. It made them look terrible. I took them back down and used the duplicolor bronze and then used sherwin williams matte clear with the ratio called for on the label for a satin finish.

Just a note: They look brighter in the pics than they actually are. The sun was shining directly on them in the pictures I took. They are a very bronze finish....about a medium bronze. The pictures make them look more gold.

Nice color choice...bronze OEMs look good. Of course I'm a bit biased with bronze wheels on Berlina black.:wink:

Back