• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

any update(s) on Cybernation's NSX Turbo kit ??

...I had spoken to Lee about a month and half ago and he stated they had been VERY busy with the other RSX kits...hence, didn't have the time to complete the turbo kits for delivery. Although they DO install them in house at the moment.

...I called again yesterday and spoke to a shop manger there (I believe) and he told me the kits were still not ready for "delivery" as a completed kit yet. Again, this guy blamed the enormous amount of RSX and Civic turbo kit demand on why they hadn't the time to complete the NSX "kits" yet. He said they're too busy working around the clock installing their top-notch kits on RSX's and Civic's to get to the NSX. Although the owner (LEE), who owns the famous turbocharged yellow NSX thats graced many publications front covers, really wants to start pumping out the NSX kits nationwide.

...has anyone else called to harrass them on this or talk to Lee personally, I would really like to have a good idea on when we can expect this intercooled kit ??? (VERY competitively priced @ $4,900 too) I know that their testing is pretty much done on it and 400RWHP was easily had @ 7psi with this base kit. Great torque too (of course). Any other info or updates, or first hand knowledge on all this would be greatly appreciated!

I have a Cybernation Turbo kit, It is fantastic.
my block is out getting sleeved, pistons, rods, HPC coated, you name it, want to boost 30lbs. :eek:
Cybernation has become the number one place in the US to get a turbo kit for the RSX, this keeps them hopping. I am sure Lee would like nothing better then getting the NSX kit to the masses, but there is only 24 hours in a day. You can catch them working at 3:00 am just to get another satisfied RSX owner out the door. Be sure the NSX kit will be out, just a little later then we hoped.
Save up some $ it will be well worth the wait !!!!

Deacon, any chance us getting together in FTL, so that I can get a ride in your turbo NSX, before sending mine to Lee?

Considerations for 30 lb boost. From what I have herd CVs go out around 550 rwhp. Tranny, suspension, engine mounts? You will be blazzing your own trail there. Dan

dlongo said:
I would like to see dynos for the base kit.

I believe it should be on their website...along with other good info on what should be included in the base kit [when it's released for delivery]. http://www.cybernationmotorsports.com/

The base turbo kit made more HP AND Torque than ANY base supercharger kit out there (300+ RWHP@only 7psi throughout most of the powerband with the peak around 320 RWT)...boost and BIG torque came in really early in the powerband yet it still gave crazy top-end power as well. Making the NSX fast pratically everywhere in the powerband...(making it an excellent package for both roadracing and drag racing).:cool:

Having big numbers is only part of the equation. The question is will the engine degrade and barf oil after, lets say, a five day track event. Everyone should take the compression/leakdown numbers before they bolt the kit on so they KNOW what is going on inside the engine. They almost always run great right before they blow. Dan

NSXTASY_MD said:
I believe it should be on their website...along with other good info on what should be included in the base kit [when it's released for delivery]. http://www.cybernationmotorsports.com/

The base turbo kit made more HP AND Torque than ANY base supercharger kit out there (300+ RWHP@only 7psi throughout most of the powerband with the peak around 320 RWT)...boost and BIG torque came in really early in the powerband yet it still gave crazy top-end power as well. Making the NSX fast pratically everywhere in the powerband...(making it an excellent package for both roadracing and drag racing).:cool:

I only found one dyno on the website. It is for their stage 1 kit @ 10 psi, showing 423 rwhp and 323 tq on a 3.2L engine.

10 psi seems like a lot without engine mods. I'd like to know what psi the base kit is recommended to run at, and what numbers a 3.0L will put down at that psi.

I do not know a lot about turbos, but with 10psi making 423 HP, doesn't 400RHWP ("easily had") sound a little high for 7 psi?

SerialNSXer, When I get my car back you can take it for a spin any time, block should be back soon, titeck body kit was just sanded and primed, Tien re to go on as well as stoptech front brakes. some interior stuff as well.

Tunapie, You are correct sir, got the clutchmaster already installed, Lee will be considering all other trany and mech upgrades, any ideas on what should or should not be done drop me a hint.

Having big numbers is only part of the equation. The question is will the engine degrade and barf oil after, lets say, a five day track event. Everyone should take the compression/leakdown numbers before they bolt the kit on so they KNOW what is going on inside the engine. They almost always run great right before they blow. Dan

So true, be sure you know what you have before you boost. anything above 7 lbs on stock internals is risky, IMHO.

dlongo said:
I only found one dyno on the website. It is for their stage 1 kit @ 10 psi, showing 423 rwhp and 323 tq on a 3.2L engine.

10 psi seems like a lot without engine mods. I'd like to know what psi the base kit is recommended to run at, and what numbers a 3.0L will put down at that psi.

dlongo and Netviper,

...that 10psi figure was an early kit on Mr. Lee's own 3.2 liter (97' I believe) completely stock motor'd NSX. At 7 psi that kit still made more than 400RWHP and 320 RWT... He stated there were a few reasons for why there was such a small margin between 7psi and 10psi. (thats the first thing I asked too) The main reason was a slipping stock clutch, another was some minor tuning issues that they were still working out at the time.

...here is a direct quote about the 3.0 liter turbo kit from them : (which you can also find on their website and on the now defunct NSXSC.com site main page...you have to scroll way down (on both site) as this 3.0 liter kit (they're first one) was installed on a RED 91' NSX)...was that car yours deacon ?

" The NSX is daily driven at 7psi, which is the proposed use of our stage I kit. At 7psi the dyno numbers are 406whp 319tq. The kit is currently going through final beta and stress testing to 10,000 miles under boost. "

And yes, RWHP and torque figures between the 3.0's and 3.2's are VERY close (virtually identical)...Lee had told me it was actually easier to gain the power (and ultimately coax more power) out of the earlier 3.0 liters than the OBDII/throttle-by-wire 3.2's. The earlier model/easier to tune/lighter NSX's will probably be a little quicker than the later, heavier, "targa's. "And the differences between having the 5-speed vs. 6-speed become nil as this kit has such strong and broad torque. (stock vs. stock with base kits) However, with that kind of power they'll both be SERIOUSLY fast....we're talking about an easy 400RWHP @ ~3000lbs.

The car showed NO problems or issues with reliability on or off the track @7 PSI. (which is what he states the base kit on a completely stock motor should stay at) that's why I had said "an easy 400RWHP" (considering it made 406RWHP @ 7psi on pump fuel in south florida heat/humidity...even with the correction-factor those conditions still affect the intercooling unproportionally more).

On that note the base kit's hardware (this info from Lee himself) is good for 500RWHP as it can HOLD 18+PSI to REDLINE. The rebuilt 3.2 in his own car and any/all other upgrade levels are actually going to be using the exact same turbo system and plumbing. Just the tuning and internals will be changed to allow for the potential of this kit to be fully realized...

Again, I encourage you guys to call in inquiring about this kit to help speed up the process here...as I may have already hit "stalker" status with the number of phone calls I've already made to cybernation, LOL :D

Last edited:
NSXTASY_MD said:

I saw the kit when it was installed and the fabrication left allot to be desired, also ask them how many motors they have smoked trying to get it to run. I read how they got those numbers and it included packing ice around the intake, so I dont know if they are real world numbers.

Armando

NSXTASY_MD,
Yes the red car is mine, I echo you latest comments. for what it is worth, at 7psi, the NSX feels fantastic. you will very very happy, your NSX will have the power when and were you want it. Safely
Keep posting and calling Cybernation, with what they have learned with the production of the RSX kit, I really think they are close to spending some time the NSX kit. of course only if they believe it will be worth there while.
If not, I will just have to be one of the lucky ones spanking the vipers in Fla. ;)

Miami,
Wow, not sure what you may have read, but I was there and never saw any ice ????
in fact the dyno they use to measure hp is hot.
Cybernation has nothing to gain by playing games with numbers or situations. They have tons of buisness and posting false numbers would only hurt them. Trust me thats the last thing they would even consider, it just doesn't make any sense. They are honest to a fault. IMO.
If you are getting bad info, send it to me, I will be more then happy to review it and you will get my honest assessment. straight from the horses mouth. I have nothing to gain I will tell you or anyone the truth.

Decon said:
Miami,
Wow, not sure what you may have read, but I was there and never saw any ice ????
in fact the dyno they use to measure hp is hot.
Cybernation has nothing to gain by playing games with numbers or situations. They have tons of buisness and posting false numbers would only hurt them. Trust me thats the last thing they would even consider, it just doesn't make any sense. They are honest to a fault. IMO.
If you are getting bad info, send it to me, I will be more then happy to review it and you will get my honest assessment. straight from the horses mouth. I have nothing to gain I will tell you or anyone the truth.

You can ask Lee about the ice. They used it to cool the intake air in order to get those robust numbers for the 3.0L @ 7psi.

-CiaoBoy

Decon said:

So Joe, what number engine are you on? I've heard that a few of your engines have gone kaboom!

Hey there,
Ice may be in there after all, I called Lee to confirm but he is out of town.
Will check when he comes back.

Doc whats up !!!
Still tha same motor that "went KaBoom" once, Damb that rap music. Lost the #1 cylinder pushing the limit. I quess thats the best way to prove that the pistons can't handle more then 7 psi and the cylinders don't like a spike past 10.

I quess there is truth to the saying "the pioneers get all the arrows"

Anyone know what 30 lbs of boost, on a low Compression 3.0 liter will produce with a GT35R size turbo on it ? What else do you think should be in place before this happens?

Decon said:
Hey there,
Ice may be in there after all, I called Lee to confirm but he is out of town.
Will check when he comes back.

Doc whats up !!!
Still tha same motor that "went KaBoom" once, Damb that rap music. Lost the #1 cylinder pushing the limit. I quess thats the best way to prove that the pistons can't handle more then 7 psi and the cylinders don't like a spike past 10.

I quess there is truth to the saying "the pioneers get all the arrows"

I haven't seen you around too much Joe. I don't recall the last time we've talked or seen each other, but it's been more than a year I think. Also, what happened with the Palm Beach Acura thing?

Take care and get your NSX back on the road soon. We need to start having a few more meets down here.

Doc,
Yep its been about a year, been really busy, did get some time to take the 350z to seabring for a chin event, what a blast, fried the rear brakes in one take of gas. eek:
A revised version of the Acrura thing is still around, in fact I think we are going to Boomers to rent the gocarts on thursday.
We should get together soon I can show you the body kit off the car.
Cybernation is having a Dyno shoot out on Saturday, bring down the stang and show them some displacement. ;)

Thinktank said:
Anyone know what 30 lbs of boost, on a low Compression 3.0 liter will produce with a GT35R size turbo on it ? What else do you think should be in place before this happens?

A nice sized trust fund and a flak jacket:D

Check with Gerry Johnson. He approaches 25 psi on his NSX.

I second that. 30 lb is nuts. Would get REALLY good at RR engin/tranny though. Was this for your everyday driver with the piggyback ecu control. Dan

I would personally be very happy with a reliable 7psi kit that made 400 Rwhp without the need to rebuild the engine. And for $4900! That is a steal. I hope it happens. Maybe Factor X's kit will be similar..

Thinktank said:
Be in place?
-Some serious internal work.
-Larger radiator
-Inter/Aftercooler
-Good ECU setup
-Chassis support upgrades
-Oil cooler
-Fuel system upgrades
-Drive train upgrades - axles, cv joints
-Someone/company very knowledgable to do the work and support it.
-Good size budget
-Big brass cojones to drive it

Have you ever ridden in a FX or GJTC turbo car? I can't even imagine ever wanting anything faster. Whay not investigate those options.

Last edited:
Back