• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anybody from/in Japan ? HELP

Hello,
I want to transfer money to somebody in Japan to pay for Route KS in Suzuka, i ordered the new GT Duct but i can't pay through the website. They only accept Japanese Cards. I dont even know how to ship to (Kuwait) !!

Thanks,
Mohamad

I have never had an US issued credit card rejected in Japan if they accept the card type (Visa, Amex, MC). I have a Japanese issued card, but almost never use it even when in Japan because I prefer my US cards.

Have you talked to them about payment and shipping options?

attachment.php
attachment.php

- - - Updated - - -

She said only Cash or transfer inside Japan i don't know why !! and about the shipping i will try to deal with Fedex

- - - Updated - - -

But when i want to pay through their website they only have Japanese cities, no international countries !!

Attachments

• GTDuct 01.jpg
    GTDuct 01.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 144
  • GTDuct 02.jpg
    GTDuct 02.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 140
  • RouteKS 01.jpg
    RouteKS 01.jpg
    407.5 KB · Views: 642
  • RouteKS 02.jpg
    RouteKS 02.jpg
    363.4 KB · Views: 637
I am sure there is a Nigerian prince somewhere who will help you with your transaction . . . .

Sorry i'm not good in English and they don't talk english too :frown: , when i was there we were using google translate !!

- - - Updated - - -

I use simple phrases and words so she can easily translate it on (google translate).

I would try reaching out to [MENTION=24607]misojdm[/MENTION] on here. He's got me Japan parts before. Excellent communication with him as well.

I would double check to see if you can use a credit card or Paypal first. I would kinda be surprised if they don't take any major credit card. What credit card do you have? Visa, MC, Amex? Also, have you checked with your bank to make sure they can do the transfer?

Google Translate is not the best for Japanese. My written Japanese is not the best, but this is what I would say (first in English, then translated to Japanese):

Uchida-san
Is it possible to use a (Visa, MC, Amex?)?
If not, can I use Paypal?
If neither of those work, I will do a bank transfer. Please let me know your bank name, account number, name on account and phone number.

内田さん、
クレジットカードを使えますか?
カードがだめのばいPAYPALはどうですか?
両方だめのばい銀行の振込みします。銀行の名前、通帳番号、名前、電話番号をお願いします。

Hope that helps.

If you go onto the Route-KS web page, you will notice in the top-right corner it says "English Page"
Click this and it gives you information about Kenes Ishikawa. He acts as translator and intermediary for Route-KS, and monitors the [email protected] email address. He can also be contacted on [email protected] - this is the address he uses when negotiating the sale of cars to international buyers, so may not be appropriate in your case.
He is great to deal with - I bought my NSX through him from Route-KS.

Last edited:
Japanese companies are a little weird like that, but this is very common. Some stores do no accept credit card - like McDonalds and the Nissan Parts department. I end up converting dollars to yen at the local money exchange place and paying with cash in person. In order to get a Japanese credit card, you need a Japanese bank account, and it's not easy to do. I've heard there is a place up in Tokyo that issues credit cards. It may be possible to send them money through the local 711. You can buy tickets to events like the Tokyo Auto Salon there as well as pay certain utility bills. Otherwise, bank transfers are possible, but a little tricky. I've never done one myself, but it would involve receiving funds (in dollars), converting to yen, then doing a bank transfer though an ATM at the local shopping mall. I'd recommend contacting the company through the e-mail addresses listed above, but let me know if that falls through.

A large number of Japanese companies won't ship to addresses outside of Japan. To get around this I recommend using a Japanese proxy buying service. You provide them with with the URL of the item you wish to buy, they order it for you, and when they receive it at their warehouse in Japan they reship it to you. You can even provide questions for sellers in English and they will ask the seller the question in Japanese on your behalf.

Here's the proxy service that I've had the best luck with. The entire buying process is automated through their web site and their fees are very low....

http://www.fromjapan.co.jp/en/

miso, I don't think doing a bank transfer requires all what you state. In the US and Canada, my family has just gone to a local bank branch, asked for the transfer and they send it. No need to personally receive money in dollars, convert to yen, or go to an ATM. My understanding is that sending money to Japan is the same for most first world countries. I also believe Japan has Western Unions now, so that may be another option?

FWIW it's not just Japan. My wife tried to pay with credit cards for flights through a Dutch airline, but flying fro Florida round trip to Amsterdam, and had the same issue. I.e. had to be a Dutch (or European, not sure) credit card.

miso, I don't think doing a bank transfer requires all what you state. In the US and Canada, my family has just gone to a local bank branch, asked for the transfer and they send it. No need to personally receive money in dollars, convert to yen, or go to an ATM. My understanding is that sending money to Japan is the same for most first world countries. I also believe Japan has Western Unions now, so that may be another option?
I only have a US banking account, so money can only be withdrawn in dollars. Bank of America will let you withdraw in yen, but I don't have an account there. For most of my normal day to day transactions, I use my American credit card that has no international transaction fees. It's supposed to get me a better rate than the money exchange stores, which typically take 1% off the actual rate. The process may get a little smoother for me because the wife finally wants to get a Japanese Yahoo Auctions account to buy parts for her Nissan Skyline lol.

Back