• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anybody interested in a nice Nsx hat?!?!

Looking for some feedback on how many people would be interested in a black NSX hat with yellow embroidered silhoette of nsx and "NSX"written on it?I will find out the price soon.I will try to attach a link so you can see what it looks like.
nsx silhouette logo yellow.jpg
I hope this works.

I'm in for a bright red hat with black NSX logo.
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Joel (edited 01 February 2003).]

Originally posted by musclesmarinara2:
I will try to attach a link so you can see what it looks like.
nsx silhouette logo yellow.jpg
I hope this works.

I'm not sure where your file is, but you can't just link to files on your computer's hard drive.

To see how to include your photo in your post, click here.

Folks, the post by musclesmarinara2 has set things in motion which is a good thing since there has always been an interest in such caps ...
wink.gif

The logo in question was developed by yours truly for Niello Acura. The logo was introduced lat April at our Thunderhill event on apparel. Given the popularity and reception, Niello re-introduced the logo on give away caps that it offers to all attendees and guests of our third annual Niello Acura sponsored NSX track event. The left side had Niello Acura with the A logo embroidered, the right side had 3 (circled) over Annual Track, and the back over the velcro looped Thunderhill Sept. 3 2002. About 112 were made.

The low profile unstructured Otto brand cap with sandwich color in the visor was so popuplar that more requests started flooding even from those who did not attend the event. Niello Acura recently made a special run of the front logo only.

You/we have several options in here:

(a) First we need to find out if Niello Acura wants to retail these caps again with their logo .... shipping/mailing individual caps may add to your cost so it is a consideration regarding how many to order .... If not, will they allow us the permission to use the logo for the NSX community.

(b) We need to agree on the style and color combo/numbers. A basic cotton black cap or red cap is not an issue. The more popuplar caps now are the "flex" type without the loop on the back. These cost more than the looped ones. Most cap companies supply orders of such caps in a minimum dozen and multiples only, so having a few black and a few red will be cost prohibitive especially if we use the Otto cap brand (but other brands also make such demands). We do have a small inventory of unembroidered black with red sandwich visor and red matching eyelets, white with navy sandwich/eyelets, and tan with black sandwich/eyelets - all with the loop back. As an fyi, for Niello Acura's THill events, in the last three years we have used navy/white sandwich and eyelets, and black/white white snadwich and eyelets, red/white sandwich and eyelets, and black with red visor and red eyelets .... as you would expect, the most popular and versatile seems to be the black with red sandwich and red eyelets.

For some pics of the flex with sandwich, or the looped with sandwich, or the contrast visor color; just click at the color options (all of these come in either constructed or unconstructed versions; i.e., the front logo area is soft or has some support to the crown - which helps with embroidery):
http://www.ottocaps.com/N_productdetail.asp?code=JATS%3EXGM&sku=OT12-269

http://www.ottocaps.com/N_productdetail.asp?code=JATS%3EXGM&sku=OT22-257

http://www.ottocaps.com/N_productdetail.asp?code=JATS%3EXGM&sku=OT12-270

So if we narrow the discussion/interest to these issues, it would be much easier to promote the idea to Niello Acura .....
wink.gif

Cheers,

Hrant

[This message has been edited by Hrant (edited 02 February 2003).]

[This message has been edited by Hrant (edited 03 February 2003).]

Id be intersted in getting one...

Black with red NSX logo, and i like my hats fitted like a basball cap.....

EMAIL ME WHEN YOUR GETTING THEM AND ILL TELL YOU MY FITTED SIZE THEN
THANKS

beauty12-269.jpg

[This message has been edited by THEPOGNSXTC (edited 04 February 2003).]

[This message has been edited by THEPOGNSXTC (edited 04 February 2003).]

I picked up a nice cap in Orlando.
I have a pic If someone wants to look.
Len

Count me in! I would want blk/yellow because I drive a yellow car.

------------------
keep the shiny side up
MikeC 01 #46

Hrant,

I like this idea a lot. I would take a Black hat and Yellow emb. or preferably a yellow hat and black emb. Something else to go with "Yellow Dog Racing"

------------------
Gary Yates
1995 Red/Tan Boooleevard Cruzer
1992 White/Black Track Rat
2002 Red and White Cooper S - for sale, please inquire

Based on the feedback interest so far, I will approach Niello on Monday to see if they are interested in offering the black, red sandwich visor with red log (comes with loop though), as well as a black with yellow logo .... which we can special order with the flex style .... there just is not enough numbers to justify anything else at this time ....

I confirmed with Mike Svilarich, the Parts Manager at Niello, and he is willing to go ahead and make a few black soft crown caps with red sandwiched visor and red logo (these will have the loop on the back), and a few black all around with yellow logo and we will order these in the flex style.

Those interested, private me with your details so I can pass it to Mike for confirmation ..... posting here is not sufficient. This will determine the final pricing.

Mike also wants to remind all NSXCA members that the current 30% off (on most NSX parts) and 10% off labor is still in place. If you don't have your NSXCA number, he has a list that will be routinely updated so he can check it out for you if it is current and in good standing ....

EDIT: by details, I mean your full name, mailing/shipping address [no P.O. Boxes] and phone number that will be passed along to Niello Acura ...

[This message has been edited by Hrant (edited 13 February 2003).]

All I ask is that you buy from a vendor that can supply xtra lagre sizes. Most mass produced/cheap ones are much to small to accomidate giant brains (like Jethro Bodiene's) and they give me headaches.

Or perhaps that is because I am only using 1% of it:D

I do like the design Hrant mentions above and would like almost any NSX hat, if its BIG enough!

Back