• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anybody know this car?

And/Or its owner?

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...ansmission=Manual&max_price=50000&cardist=307

No VIN listed. Interior picture is obviously fixed up, but I wonder how much, or if it is the actual interior of the car in question?

Anyway, I've been searching for a good one for quite some time and this seems like a fair deal for a good looking specimen, assuming it has had proper mechanical maintenance. It is within reasonable drive back distance. I like the license plate too! (Obviously not staying with the car though).

Any info from anyone would be helpful.

Thanks!

If I'm not mistaken, that's a San Francisco Bay Area car. I have no personal knowledge of it though. The interior pic seems to be a shot from the brochure.

If I'm not mistaken, that's a San Francisco Bay Area car. I have no personal knowledge of it though. The interior pic seems to be a shot from the brochure.

Can you please be more specific? Why do you think it is a Bay area car? Do you think you've seen it around there, or do you know the owner? The ad says it is in Phoenix, AZ. The phone number listed matches this location.

I'd be careful... I remember that pic of the interior from another primer a while back who was into photoshop... we discussed the shot and how he did the lighting etc. in photoshop... it might be stolen pics and a fake ad (my brother and I use to own an online BMW dealership and this is a common issue... we had ppl stealing our pics and trying to get away with taking paypal deposits and never delivering the car)... the quality of the photos don't match up and I know that interior shot from a while back b/c i was looking into getting that steering wheel installed in my car... just be careful and look at the car in person and don't do any sort of deposit on it...

Yeah, I just called the guy...I think he is legit. He bought the car from a fellow NSX'r here on prime, and actually submitted the photo of his actual interior to someone here on this forum to photoshop for him. He seemed like a good guy. He mentioned NSX prime before I did, so that says something :). He was playing in his kick ball league when I called him just now :)

The person who owns this car is on NSX Prime as well I believe. I've seen a picture of it.

Also, those are my old wheels. I sold them to the previous owner of the car(not the current owner) in Arizona and Fedex lost them. Fedex screwed me and then finally this jerk/previous owner received my wheels(for free/my loss) and I assume sold them to the current owner with the car. Oh, and I did verify with Fedex that the wheels were found and delivered to the purchaser who I had sent a 100% refund. Nice to see another NSXer benefit from my loss. :mad: :rolleyes:

Ok, back on topic, good luck with the car, it looks great! :smile:

Yep yep... I belong to that car :smile:

I bought the car about a year ago from Marc Richmond, aka 01blackS4 on the forum. He's since moved on to bigger and better things with his other NSX...

And yeah, I'm legit and the ad is real; I've met NsXMas (Frank) and a few other people from here in real life. Oh, and Mark Basch has done all of the work on the car in the time I've had it, so he and his wife Jane can vouch for my authenticity... and validity of my money, heh :wink:

I'm looking to sell the car as I rarely drive it, and would like to buy a new house in the coming year and could use the money from it. However, with the overwhelming response I've received about it, and after reading some threads on this forum again (after taking a few months hiatus from car forums,) I'm starting to have second thoughts about selling it, and I'm also wondering if I'm asking too low of a price. I don't know if I want to let it go, and whether I'll regret it down the road :frown:

Anyhow, all that aside, here's the details on the car...

The interior pic was pshopped by another forum member from a post of Marc's sometime back, but I couldn't find the original thread. I thought it might have been this one due to the broken links and Marc's post, but I'm not sure. I don't have any other pics of the interior, but will try to get some this weekend, weather permitting (been raining here the past couple of days.)

The VIN: JH4NA1150NT000636 -- lucky number 636 off the line I'd guess. If I recall, the car started life in Louisiana, moved to Texas, and ended up here in Phoenix. I remember the Carfax report having an alert/warning on it, but don't remember the details, other than it wasn't anything big. The car hasn't been in any accidents, and has a clean title.

And NSX FoYoAss is right -- they're his old wheels on the car. Well, the rear two at least; I bought new front ones direct from iForged, as one of his was lost in the shipping debacle with Marc, and the one that came through had the wrong offset for the car (needed a spacer,) so I just ordered two proper ones. I still have the wrong offset one lying around, for whatever it's worth.

In the time I've had it, the car's only been at SOS in the parking lot while I was buying a couple of parts. I've never had any work on it done there, as Mark Basch has done all of the work on it that I didn't do on my own.

In terms of condition, the interior is pretty much perfect. The front lip spoiler could definitely use a repaint from rock chips and regular wear and tear, and to make it perfect, the side skirts could use a repaint too, due to the paint thinning in a couple of spots. There's a couple of small oil leaks (oil pan gasket and valve cover gasket,) but other than that it's in perfect mechanical shape. The front tires are fairly new, and the rears are practically brand new (put on a couple of weeks ago) -- they're Falken GR Beta FK-451s in 225/40-18 up front, and 275/30-19 in back. I've done the oil changes on my own using Mobil 1 10w30 and OEM oil filters. All fluids (brake, tranny, diff) were recently flushed by Basch.

As for the mods, here's the full list...

exterior
* Wings West front spoiler and rear spats
* Vinnie side skirts
* HID headlights (from another forum member, can't remember his name...)
* "NSX" rear tail light panel replacing the stock "Acura" one

interior
* Momo Champion steering wheel
* Momo Performance shift boot
* NSX-R gear lever, SOS short shift block, CTR shift knob
* custom suede headliner, seat inserts, sun visors, and door inserts

suspension / drivetrain
* 18x8"f/19x10"r iForged Flux wheels
* Eibach springs
* drilled and slotted brake rotors
* stainless steel brake lines
* Axxis Ultimate brake pads

engine
* Comptech exhaust with custom cut-outs added
* Downforce intake scoop
* K&N air filter

stereo
* Eclipse CD8454 MP3 head unit
* Diamond Audio 300x4 amp
* Diamond Audio speakers
* Diamond Audio 8" subwoofer

Please let me know if you have any questions on the car... :smile:

Thanks,
J.R.

the quality of the photos don't match up and I know that interior shot from a while back b/c i was looking into getting that steering wheel installed in my car...

Yep yep... I took the outdoors/exterior shots, but snagged the interior shot from another NSX Prime thread posted by the previous owner of the car. It's definitely my car, though, with its custom suede upholstery, painted center console, steering wheel, gauges, etc. I'll try to get some new interior pictures soon.

BTW, it's a small car world we live in... my friend Sean bought his '02 M3 (Imola Red, SMG) from your brother Brett :smile:

Later,
J.R.

Hey JR,

I just wanted to say I didn't mean anything about you from my comments. I just know who the car belong to before you and it was the same person who I sent those wheels to. Nothing against you.

Good luck,
- Z

Back