• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

anybody rides motorcycle?

i just started and im riding a 86 honda magna 700cc. anybody else?

I've got an '85 Honda XR350R dirt beater...
a '99 Yamaha R1
and an '02 HOnda RC51...

Bikes are damn fun!

Nothing like the look of an NSX, however...

:)

kx125

I ride tracks mostly but I free ride out in the desert and mountains when I get the time.

I have a '96 CBR 900 RR modded slightly: ignition advancer, Erion racing exhaust, ket kit, fender eliminator, and tinted windscreen.

Previously rode an '89 Suzuki GSXR-750.

Well, I've always been attracted to the power/weight ratio of bikes and the open air excitement. Currently:

'01 Pollini 6.2 pocket bike (can this REALLY count?)
'98 Ducati 996 SPS
'99 Laverda 750 Formula
'01 Hayabusa turbo (404 rear wheel hp)

Happy motoring,

Ben

tararan said:
i just started and im riding a 86 honda magna 700cc. anybody else?

That's a great motorcycle. It has those dual pipes on both sides and is soooooo comfortable. Is yours Maroon? My friend had one when I used to ride and I always loved swapping rides with him when I got fatigued on my sport bike.

Ride safely everyone.

I've riding motorcycles since I was 17. My first bike was a Honda CBR600 F3. In fact, it was the most reliable bike I've owned! (HONDA...who figured? :D ) Since then I've had my share of bikes. Wrecked my 1999 blue R1 about 2 years ago. Since then I've decided to stop riding one wheel.:( Still have it laying around in storage somewhere. Currently I own a 2001 red/blk R1 with some upgrades and a 2001 748S 1 seater! Love the looks of the single seater Ducati's!! Hope to have in the future a MV Agusta! :D
Regards
Z

beckertb said:
Well, I've always been attracted to the power/weight ratio of bikes and the open air excitement. Currently:

>>>>>'01 Hayabusa turbo (404 rear wheel hp)<<<<<

Happy motoring,

Ben

scared.gif
scared.gif
scared.gif

That's insane!!

Been riding since 1997. Started on a Bandit 600, and rode it everywhere. It was my only mode of transportation for a few years. Picked up a Bandit 400 and started road racing that in '99 (lots of fun!) and got one of the copper / silver Hayabusa's that year as well (favorite bike ever!). Turbo charged that one, but mine makes a pansy 310 rwhp compared to beckertb's 404 :) Only hit the ground once in over 80,000 street miles, got two tickets, and pulled over more times then I can count. Just started selling off the smaller bikes to make room in the garage for my hopefully soon to be here NSX!

I did have a ZX-7R in new in 96, but when I got mowed over buy a guy that ran a stop sign in a Caprice I kinda gave up street bikes... now I just have dirt toys... a KX250 and a Warrior 4-wheeler.

I owned a 1998 Ninja ZX7R in the past, and that was the biggest piece of $#%@ I ever owned. No offense to Kawasaki owners, but it just gave me a bad taste for them. Maybe I had a lemon? I dunno.
Also, I've never owned a dirt bike, but I have riden one several times! Those are the most fun! Nothing like jumping 10 ft in the air and riding wheelies and falling off, and then being able to jump right back on! :p

Honda VTX1800C cruising is my game. Big bike,Big Power Not like that of BenB's busa. 404hp @ the wheels, Ben you are sick.
;)
Yamaha FJR1300 Pending Sport Tourer.
Suzuki GPZ650e practice bike.

check my sig...

Wife has decided that we can sell the FZR and get a Pacific Coast. Never thought I'd be this young with a tourer, but we both think we will really enjoy it. Her being on the 12 kills me, as I have to ride like I have some sense, and that is NO fun at all.... :)

HondaFly, you got my dream bike!! I love that machine. In my opinion, its like a piece of art. Like the NSX!! Just beautiful!!

len3.8 said:
Honda VTX1800C cruising is my game. Big bike,Big Power Not like that of BenB's busa. 404hp @ the wheels, Ben you are sick.
;)
Yamaha FJR1300 Pending Sport Tourer.
Suzuki GPZ650e practice bike.

Eeek! that's a SR50 scooter. not a RS50 Replica Sportsbike. Or did you post this knowing the difference?

Since you asked

I have had 5 motorcycles. Road and dirt bikes. The last one had 45K miles on i when I sold it. Did I literaly live on a bike? YUP! Is it time for something else now? YUP Nothing wrong with life on a bike though. I met alot of GREAT people that way! Linda in Wakenee Kansas, I am talking to you! I was heading East, you were heading West, somehow our paths crossed at that KOA. I have memories. You can have them too. Get out there and RIDE!

GookusMaximus said:
Eeek! that's a SR50 scooter. not a RS50 Replica Sportsbike. Or did you post this knowing the difference?

If directed at me I did/do know the difference. :D Just thought it was kind of cool that a friend of mine chopped up the frame doing a complete engine swap and turned a 50cc scooter into one that would top out at 90 mph with him weighing in at about 210. It would fly for a scooter yet it still looked stock. Just thought another Aprilia owner might get a kick out of it.

Back