• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone considering c6 z06?

flight said:
I am not so sure about that. 200K gets you a lot of car. The new f430 is about 180k and I would be a little suprised if the z06 beat it - especially with all the nice gadgets in there. I'd expect the f430 to lap quicker than the z06 with its rear engine design, ceramic brakes, sequential transmission etc. Mind you, 110K is a helluva lot to pay to go a little faster around a track. But when you get to these levels of performance, gaining a second around a track is going to cost a lot more than at the hotted up wrx levels of performance.

Now this I agree with :) They have done a damn good job IMO. I personally don't give two hoots about status. If I think it's good then I don't care if the fool in his bentley with a chaufer and butler looks down his nose at me at the lights. We'll both be leaving the earth one day - atleast I would have had fun during my time here

:biggrin:

The F430 will not be able to be had for 180k. The CCB are going to be a 15k option and the F1 tranny is a 12k option.

Other fast cars in the sub-$200K category include the Porsche GT2 and the Viper, which are both sub-four second 0-60 cars.

Back